Active Topics

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
1) In the upper right corner of maemo.org there should be a login/register link. Click here to register!
2) After registering, login to maemo.org (in the upper right corner).
registered an hour ago, 'invalid username or password" when I go to login :'(

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Careful with that login thingy. I myself have no clue when am I logged in where when it comes to maemo.org (gone crosseyed on several occasions whille attempting login). I have at least half a dozen logins for maemo, likely more (talk, org, garage, 3 lists, bugzilla...). Hopefully the single sign-on effort will make this less of a headache.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Careful with that login thingy. I myself have no clue when am I logged in where when it comes to maemo.org (gone crosseyed on several occasions whille attempting login). I have at least half a dozen logins for maemo, likely more (talk, org, garage, 3 lists, bugzilla...). Hopefully the single sign-on effort will make this less of a headache.
well i noticed that when i went to register on .org, it registered me through the garage.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by qole View Post
If you want karma for posts, you really want to post to the mailing lists.
Or even better: if you want karma for tmo posts then submit an enhancemment request and go for it.

Karma carculations are defined by the community for the community. Dave and Henri are sitting on the karma calculation script and they have no hidden agenda.

See also http://wiki.maemo.org/Karma for any other improvements you want to suggest to karma calculations.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I guess the period for this thread to remain "sticky" has passed; there is now fewer than three months until the next election, so registering now would not be sufficient to vote.
Am I right?

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I guess the period for this thread to remain "sticky" has passed; there is now fewer than three months until the next election, so registering now would not be sufficient to vote.
Am I right?
Agree, there's also other out-dated "sticky thread" in the "Developers" forum.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Qole

I thought that it had been decided that if you had a talk.maemo.org account older than 3 months you would be eligible to vote, even if you registered a maemo.org account less than 3 months from the election?

I haven't seen (and have not looked) any proposals for letting talk.maemo.org members vote, if they have not registered on maemo.org (or how to deal with people registered both places).

I believe that this is still relevant to talk members who have not registered on maemo.org yet. Provided the council is still willing to grandfather talk members in, as they have previously expressed.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh, for sure. Grandfathering in t.m.o members makes sense...

I just thought that the deadline has passed for getting any account (talk or maemo.org) in order to vote, so the thread doesn't need to be 'sticky' any more...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Unstuck as of now. Over and out.

Tim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
I've now put this in a wiki page; where it's actually fairly straightforward with the current skin:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Link_talk.maem...mo.org_profile

BTW, I can confirm that any existing profile URL of the form http://(www.)internettablettalk.com/forums/member.php?u=... is still valid.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
community council, election, karma