Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Dont know since when, but tmob has extended 3G coverage to Raleigh/Durham NC, so, lucky those residents there, N900+Skype+3G = unlimited USA/Canada call for $8 a month plus video call if one cares for! Make sure you carry your power cable, PR1.2/GPS/3G = under 4 hrs of battery life ! I will try to shut off one of those or use it on an as need basis see whether that would extend battery life. And sure, the N900 felt warm....yes, right, it is a hot cookie

And again, N900 just spotted the 3G and caught on, I do not have to do anything to get on to 3G. I really really like this feature, i.e., I do not have to find out about 3G coverage, N900 automatically switched. I wish my city is 3G too, fat chance

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-06-20 at 22:35.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
I am quite glad that I live in england lol, I thought america had great coverage everywhere but from the sounds of it that's not the case..

Do you mind sharing the details of your proxy settings? Which APN are you using hiptop.t-mobile.com, epc.tmobile.com, or something else entirely? I've tried many permutations with this same plan in the last couple of days and I've not been able to get anything besides a re-direction to "t-zones." Any tips would be greatly appreciated (I have certainly tested multiple proxies and ports 25, 993, 995, etc). T-Mobile sales reps told me that the their "data prepaid plan" (the sidekick plan) was compatible with all smart phones, but once I put $100 dollars on it (and learned that I cannot go back on a prepaid plan) - I learned that their official word is that only the sidekick works with the sidekick data plan.

P.S. If you're running your own proxy or something, then please PM me if you're willing to let me try it out.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Got to run, will post more details later. No. I failed to setup my own proxy. I am doing exactly as geneven's receipe here, follow steps by steps, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37887&page=2 thread #72. I also notice it failed to connect 'more often' nowadays, not quite sure what is the make of it. But usually after a couple trials, it will connect. Yes, it is NOT reliable. Yes, you should NOT depend on it. But I have wifi at home and work. I use it ONLY when I am on the street for 5 min or less, or out of town.

bun

Tags
3g/3.5g, skype