Hello all,

I have been using skype on my n900 without issues since I got it (pre pr1.1), and for the past week it has been unable to connect to skype. This is pr1.2 which it has been since pr1.2 was out.

This is both on wifi and 3g/2g and I have restarted lots of times. I have deleted the skype account, and when I create it, it needs to sign in to complete the setup, which does not work.

I don't have anything other than localhost in /etc/hosts

I can't think of an application that I might have installed that would prevent this working, but then it may have some dependencies that have been updated I suppose.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions before I consider flashing?

Thanks...

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
the build in client for the normal IM settings is working fine here via WiFi. sorry to say that.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
You say you are using 3g/2g to use Skype, my bet is that your carrier has started blocking the ports it uses.

Try Skype over wifi like assetburned mentioned.

I'm also having no problem with skype over any connection type.

Originally Posted by dchky View Post
You say you are using 3g/2g to use Skype, my bet is that your carrier has started blocking the ports it uses.

Try Skype over wifi like assetburned mentioned
Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
This is both on wifi and 3g/2g
My carrier hasn't started blocking ports. But as mentioned in the original post this is both wifi and 2g/3g

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Apologies, you did mention wifi. I missed that bit.

That changes things considerably then.

Maybe one thing to try would be apt-get --purge remove <anything with skype in it> followed by a reinstall of those packages?

You're not in India by any chance sir? If it just stopped working I can only think it is an external problem, not your N900.

Heh, no not India, and no it isn't an external issue or it would exist as a problem beyond the boundary of my phone. Skype works everywhere else, even via the phone using mobilehotspot from a PC.

Removing the plugin and associated config is probably worth a shot though.

So I remove-purged skype-plugin, rebooted, installed skype plugin, rebooted. Same problem, won't sign in.

I ran a tcpdump on the next hop, and while it says "Signing in" it doesn't actually issue any packets.

So this is looking more like a library dependency has been updated to something that skype cannot use.

Tags