Active Topics

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Ah, bliss. That's what you feel when you hold a new Nokia N810 Internet Tablet in your hands.

And after the long build-up of anticipation, the waiting for stock in the U.S. and for the go-ahead from Nokia (not to mention enduring an unrealized warning about a potential additional 3-week delay before shipping), yesterday afternoon I was able to check online and see that Fedex had delivered my own N810 yesterday afternoon.

At 2:24 p.m. according to the uselessly precise information recorded in the shipping log.

By 7:30 I would be home from Manhattan and experiencing that bliss myself.

But, as it happens, I'm not holding a new N810 in my hands now. Why? Because, despite the statement in the shipping log, a Fedex truck did not pull up in front of our house yesterday with the long-awaited package.

Somewhere in my home town of Montclair, NJ, someone's front door did receive an unanticipated Fedex delivery yesterday afternoon.

Just not my front door.

Bliss I was expecting, not the nightmare and torment of now-you-see-it-now-you-don't.

I'm just shaking my head at the moment (literally and figuratively), waiting for what comes next. Yes, I see: I get to play an extra round in the waiting game.
Read the full article.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
ARG!!! I hope they can track it down, Roger.

Actually, the same thing happened with the N810 gift that was sent to me. Thankfully, my neighbor was kind enough to deliver it to my house.

Tim

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
You'd think a device with a built in GPS wouldn't...ah, nevermind.

FedEX usually assigns the same person to a particular area. He or she might remember where he/she left the package. A trip to FedEx (the sooner the better) hopefully straighten things out.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
FedEX usually assigns the same person to a particular area. He or she might remember where he/she left the package. A trip to FedEx (the sooner the better) hopefully straighten things out.
I'll get on the phone again, and see if I can connect to the local transfer location. The customer service person last night said they would be asking the driver what he remembered about this.

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
ARG!!! I hope they can track it down, Roger.

Actually, the same thing happened with the N810 gift that was sent to me. Thankfully, my neighbor was kind enough to deliver it to my house.
Yes, I'm hoping it was just a mixup and got delivered to some house nearby with the same number on a different street.

Roger

Hm-m. As that was your second N810, I don't suppose the mental anguish was anywhere near the level of mine. So I will hoard all the sympathy for myself, ok? :-)

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Glendale, CA
Oh the irony.

I won't rub it in any more then I have to. But FedEx did correctly deliver mine yesterday. So they are not totally FUBAR'ed.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
FedEx is breaking down. Just before Christmas I sent a very expensive computer package out. 1 box, ruggedized. Supposed to be delivered by 28 Dec. They misplaced the package. I spent Christmas with thoughts of Cast Away on my mind and Tom Hanks sitting with my equipment in Polynesia. They found it, but their attitude was basically "Well it's the Christmas rush".
PLEASE use the Wiki

Not just FedEx in NJ either. While I have never gone through the agony of waiting for a N810, I've had my fair share of FedEx either misdelivering something or flat out lying. Either the site said they attempted delivery but no one was home or the business was closed according to their useless shipping log.

I'm not a business, I'm a residence, and I have (had, self-purging and all) video recordings of the days in question which showed no freakin FedEx truck ever came on my property.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Sentinel1705 View Post
Not just FedEx in NJ either. While I have never gone through the agony of waiting for a N810, I've had my fair share of FedEx either misdelivering something or flat out lying.
All the carriers seem to have their fair share of winning employees. For instance, I'm not certain the FedEx driver for my neighborhood even comes to a full stop when making deliveries. Sure, the tracking information shows the package was dropped off at the front door, but we more often find the boxes lying somewhere near the driveway.

Until my wife had a talk with him, our UPS driver would check our front door when making a delivery, and if the door was unlocked, he'd walk in without even knocking to put the package on the coffee table. He meant well, but it alarmed my wife to hear some unknown person walking into the living room while she was upstairs bathing the kids or something.

My favorite though was the USPS guy who delivered the mail our mail when we lived in a ground floor apartment. He'd wave to us as he walked past the big, glass sliding doors at the front of the apartment, and then drop a "Sorry we missed you" card in our mailbox in the hallway. He was too lazy to even ask one of us to walk back to his truck with him to get the package. Instead, we'd have to wait 24 hours and then drive across town to the post office to pick it up.