Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
Funny typo on page 71: The supported video file formats are: MP3, AAC, WMA, M4A,
AMR, AWB, and WAV.
Hmm, I thought XViD too...

Somehow feels like we are manual proofreaders helping Nokia...

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Somehow feels like we are manual proofreaders helping Nokia...
Spanish version didn't have this error.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Thanks for the link!

I noticed Speed Dial in specs but the manual said nothing about speeddialing. With myE90 I loved the portrait HW keyboard to have one press speeddial. Just one long press on 2-9 numberkeys and it dialed preset number. I wished so hard something like this was implemented where long press on contact image would do the same trick. I didn't see speed dial anywhere in the manual, I hope it is just missing from the manual but not from the device.
Stupidity is the thing I hate the most.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
You do not need wifi or cellular access to geotag photos. And I'm not talking about text labels, but GPS coordinates. If the GPS is active and has a lock, it will geotag the image. If your GPS does not have a lock, it will guess about where you are using the cellular network if it's available.

Please everyone... stop making up problems and issues.
If this is the case they should write it clearly and allow for turning off second stage of geotagging. Second stage is evil: extra connections draw from battery, and it uploads my data to some undisclosed servers.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Second stage is evil
Evil perhaps, but it's seriously cool being able to take a photo and have it automatically tagged "Eiffel Tower". Even if the photo is actually of a pine cone or sunset or something

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Hmmm, Infrared port is NOT IrDA compatible? Is that good or bad.

I suspect it may be good, as every one I found that is IrDA has an operating range of a few inches. This implies (to me) that its designed to operate as a remote control rather than data transfer (as we have Bluetooth/WiFi for that) which would be a good thing.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
Hold yer horses bub....we're quoting from the damn manual here.
That's fine. The manual's just wrong then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
and it uploads my data to some undisclosed servers.
Remember what I said about not making up stuff? What second stage are you talking about? If you're refering to what I said about the phone guessing where you are, it's not uploading anything but using cell phone towers to figure out where you are. No connections, no uploading. Same stuff most phones today can do.

Last edited by zerojay; 2009-10-01 at 18:58.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Hmm, I thought XViD too...
AVI is just a container. It can have, for example, DIVX or XVID video inside it.

See, http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/specifications/

Video playback file formats: .mp4, .avi, .wmv, .3gp; codecs: H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV, H.263

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
To ensure proper functionality of the touch screen, remove the protective film from the device display.

Do not cover the area left of the touch screen with, for example, protecive film or tape.
How the fsck are we supposed to protect it then?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bocaJ For This Useful Post: