Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
No, libprofile (a library that can be used to switch profiles, get the name of the current profile, etc.) is closed-source, yes, but the headers are available (in the nokia-binaries repo) so a person can write a program that changes the current profile.

I actually wrote a 3 line \"program\" (using libprofile) that just switched between the General and Silent programs depending on what profile it was currently in (needed a one-click toggle on my desktop...).
What about creating new profiles? Is that possible?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
What about creating new profiles? Is that possible?
Yes, you can place a file* in /etc/profiled/ but you will not be able to switch to the profile from a GUI; it will have to be done using your own solution.

*Sorry I can't post an example, not sure what Nokia would say...

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
With the new changed in Brainstorm, a proposal needs 10 or more votes before votes can be cast for the solutions again. So please vote for this proposal if you think it might be useful.

Brainstorm link

EDIT: Sorry. This one was already promoted sometimes between my last check and writing this post. Sorry about that. But you can still vote for solutions or add them.

Last edited by Sasler; 2009-12-11 at 21:37.

This idea is great, I currently "use" system event scheduler but it ain't quite working.

This or ses being able to "sync" from the calender would be great!