Notices

Hi, I'am having problems to connect. I'am using 0.2.6. Any ideas????

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
I am back online with original 0.2.6 and the following files modified:

ui.py, wajsonrequest.py and warequest.py
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1800
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1801
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1961

protocoltreenode.py
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2886

Yes, I am as well. I have only edited protocoltreenode.py, but everything is working nicely.

Works, can't even describe how nice it is to have it working again

check cepis sign for donate people, give him a lil somthin

I installed cepi's new build. Initially, it kept crashing due to segmentation fault. So, I deleted my .db file, uninstalled and then re-installed wazapp.
Things worked fine - even the mass contact sync.
But, then a message came from a group. Now, anything I send has a red dot.
I searched in the thread and got to know that it's something related to group title containing emoticon. My group title has that.
I saw that the message that I sent were received by the receving person/group. But, I am not able to receive anything.

So I know that the problem is due to the group title. But I couldnt find the solution.
Can anyone direct me?

EDIT: Ok. I deleted the .db file again and re-installed wazapp. Now, it is working even after I got chats from that emoticon-titled group. I think the mass contact-sync might have been the problem.

Last edited by MrBhoot; 2012-08-29 at 19:55.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by sebagari View Post
Hi, I'am having problems to connect. I'am using 0.2.6. Any ideas????
Why still use that one, the latest version given by the Devs to bring us back on line works well.

Originally Posted by MrBhoot View Post
I installed cepi's new build. Initially, it kept crashing due to segmentation fault. So, I deleted my .db file, uninstalled and then re-installed wazapp.
Things worked fine - even the mass contact sync.
But, then a message came from a group. Now, anything I send has a red dot.
I searched in the thread and got to know that it's something related to group title containing emoticon. My group title has that.
I saw that the message that I sent were received by the receving person/group. But, I am not able to receive anything.

So I know that the problem is due to the group title. But I couldnt find the solution.
Can anyone direct me?
quit app from app menu -> quit
delete .db file again
fire upp wazapp and sync your chosen contacts

The Following User Says Thank You to maxdroid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Netherlands
People just sync your contacts after a few sec it will say wazapp does not react do you want to close it, just press yes and restart it. It works, so stop spamming here!

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
you can also press No, let it finish.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
The bug where u cant send and receive messages after a group with emoticons in the title is sending a message is also triggered with german special characters like ö ä and ü in the groupsubject

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Why still use that one, the latest version given by the Devs to bring us back on line works well.
Well, for me at least everything is working great with that old version. Don't need those new features that badly, that I would sacrifice gtalk and facebook chats. Still to my understanding when going through this thread, there is no clear indication that all those problems are fixed fully

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp