So, I installed the new status menu extension and had to reset my phone because of the whole unrestricted system. I used winflasher to flash it to the firmware that was originally on it and made sure it was PR1.3 but for some strange reason the icon won't go away and it keeps telling me that I need to update it, even though I already have and when I do click on it nothing else shows up.

It's not that big of a deal but very annoying and I don't know how to get rid of it or disable it. Any help would be helpful. Thanks

I have attached a picture in which you can see the notification in the notification area and a blue icon on the status bar.
Attached Images

Last edited by chiron; 2012-08-15 at 21:39.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Did you do a full flash of rootfs+emmc? Remember to backup all your stuff first...

I just just it for rootfs not the actual memory because I still have everything like messages/contacts/music etc.

I however did do a backup and that's when the icon came...

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
well, I'm sure there's some clues in the command line apt utilities.
start with an "apt-get clear" and "apt-get update" to make sure it's really stuck.
after those two tell us the output of "apt-get upgrade". Don't install anything, just want to know what it's trying to do.
oh, you need root for all those commands btw.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
well, I'm sure there's some clues in the command line apt utilities.
start with an "apt-get clear" and "apt-get update" to make sure it's really stuck.
after those two tell us the output of "apt-get upgrade". Don't install anything, just want to know what it's trying to do.
oh, you need root for all those commands btw.
maybe better use the simulation (?):

apt-get -s upgrade

when I do apt-get clear nothing happens and when I did apt-get update this is what I got:

reading package lists . . . Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information . . . Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded

Any other suggestions?