Originally Posted by lupastro View Post
(...)
If some one from Jolla is reading: Thank you Jolla, you left me without phone for christmas!
I guess you didn't have a phone until now?

I really don't want to be confrontational, flamebaiting or trolling but they promised to release by the end of the year, when you registered your interest in getting the phone you had no way of knowing whether or not that would be 31/Dec/2013 or 1/Sep/2013, so calm down, your tone is way out of line.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Keeper of the Keys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
a company of not even 100 employees takes the risk of making the best phone in history, and all I read here is whining about a few weeks delay.
I don't even know why I follow this thread. I did not preorder so I am not affected. Even if I were, I cannot imagine being so desperate and not able to wait for a couple of weeks.

BUT...

I worked for a software company once. It is a large company now but it was under 100 employees at the time. We shipped 30,000 packages every month! It took three to four days to get them all out. So something like "a few hundred per day" sounds like a joke to me.

I agree we can't compare Jolla to e.g. Amazon who ship thousands per day but come on, it's not like they need to move from a shelf on one end of the warehouse to pick up a book to another at the other end to pick up a nappy sanitizer, find a box that fits the two items, add padding etc... All the boxes are the same for goodness sake! Shipping 10,000 identical boxes is not exactly a rocket science. (Are there that many anyway? Or is it more like a half that?)

Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Much of the frustration here has been not knowing what is going on. When people get information, any kind that feels solid, that buys time and goodwill.
Bingo!

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Romania
My Jolla finally arrived today, Fedex was slow for me, it took 6 days. Keep the faith guys.

The Following User Says Thank You to vlad_dracul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
Looks like something is getting sorted out. The store is back and it is now explicitly written that we pay local taxes and customs fees if we order to Norway, Switzerland and Aaland... And the taxes are 0% in the store.

Now I really wonder if we (CH, Norway, Aaland preorders) can get 24% back. We should. I mean, I appreciate their hard work, but I don't wanna get taxed twice.

Just asked on Twitter.
I also asked care@jolla.com about a possibility for a tax refund today.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Keeper of the Keys View Post
I guess you didn't have a phone until now?

I really don't want to be confrontational, flamebaiting or trolling but they promised to release by the end of the year, when you registered your interest in getting the phone you had no way of knowing whether or not that would be 31/Dec/2013 or 1/Sep/2013, so calm down, your tone is way out of line.
They promised before XMas or 3-4 Weeks Delivery time. That is not "by the end of december".

Furthermore, the problem is not getting the phone later. The problem is that a lot of people that bought it after me (and much others) are getting it much sooner, since no "preorder order" was respected.

Last edited by lupastro; 2013-12-19 at 11:50.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by lupastro View Post
They promised before XMas or 3-4 Weeks Delivery time. That is not "by the end of december".

Furthermore, the problem is not getting the phone later. The problem is that a lot of people that bought it after me (and much others) are getting it much sooner, since no "preorder order" was respected.
3 weeks from the 2nd of December is 23rd and 4 weeks is 30th, So in theory they got till the 30th to deliver your phone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Pre-order should arrive by Christmas (http://www.allboutn9.info/2013/12/jo...-everyone.html) and also this tweet of a Jolla person "if all goes fine all pre-orders should get it by (crossing fingers) Christmas" says it.

Well we will see. I'm not really expecting anything anymore

The Following User Says Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
3 weeks from the 2nd of December is 23rd and 4 weeks is 30th, So in theory they got till the 30th to deliver your phone.
Nice calculation. But I bought the phone on November 27th. 4th Week from then is Xmas.

The Following User Says Thank You to lupastro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AlloAllo View Post
Shipped! Yeah! So close but still so far, the logistical center where the packet is being handled is roughly about 3km from here. And when it goes to my nearest post office, the truck will drive about 100 meters from my frontdoor just to go few kilometers to the other way
IT has arrived. Glad to see that Itella can deliver quite quickly, even though it was on Itella Economy. Next stop, how to get my contacts from Galaxy S2 to Jolla

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by AlloAllo View Post
IT has arrived. Glad to see that Itella can deliver quite quickly, even though it was on Itella Economy. Next stop, how to get my contacts from Galaxy S2 to Jolla
I am stuck since 2 days with Itella...How long did it take Itella?
Did you track? What is tracking saying?

Home delivery or post pick-up?