Active Topics

Hi All,

I wanted to view some historical chats, and since n900 was too slow to go back several thousand chat messages, I found a way to view the chat history on the PC using an application called Whatsapp viewer.. what I did was:

- I used sqlite manager firefox plugin to do the sql commands.

- copy and open the yappari database for the contact you want to view the chats for and change the names of the following columns:

Yappari name New Name
---------------------------------------------------
localid _id
from_me key_from_me
id key_id
media_duration_seconds media_duration

- export the yappari db to a csv file

- Take an whatsapp db file (msgstore.db) and empty it messages table

- make sure that the the chat_list in the whatsapp db has the required "key_remote_jid" for the required contact(s) in it (it looks like xxxxx@s.whatsapp.net), you can remove the rest of the entries or keep them, it doesn't make much difference AFAIK

- import the yappari db into the messages table in the whatsapp msgstore.db database

- Open the contact's database and set the key_remote_jid to the contact's id for all entries:

Code:
	SET key_remote_jid ="xxxx@s.whatsapp.net"
- Optional (haven't tried without it)..

Code:
UPDATE messages
	SET key_from_me = 1
	WHERE key_from_me = "true"

UPDATE messages
	SET key_from_me = 0
	WHERE key_from_me = "false"
- make sure all media_wa_type cells for text messages have 0 instead of a null value

Code:
UPDATE messages
	SET media_wa_type = 0
	WHERE media_mime_type is null

- open the msgstore.db with whatsapp viewer
http://andreas-mausch.github.io/whatsapp-viewer/

- This doesn't import the image thumbnails.. and I haven't found an automated way to do it.. but what I know is this:
In Yappari, the image thumbnails are stored as "base64" in the "data" field.. but the whatsapp db stores the thumbnails as a Binary Large Object (Blob) in the raw_data

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FouadAtmeh For This Useful Post: