Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
Hi everyone !

I am looking on google and this forum mainly, by I cannot manage to find what I'm looking for.

I am now living in Kazakhstan, have to walk a lot outside and "winter" has been here few weeks already even if now it's a really nice 0°C !

I am already using this app I don't remember the name that allow me to answer my calls by rising my phone to my ear. It's so great to keep your glows when it's -15°C, trust me !

Now I would like to be able to make quick calls to maximum 5 people I call very often. Is there ay voice recognition available on N9 ?? Something like I do a long press on up volume, then I say the name of the person I want to call, then phone is calling ? I'd be so happy but I do not find anything like that

If you have any tips on how I could call someone without taking one of my gloves out my hand, it'd be so awesome !!

Thanks,
pmeuh

I think the closest you find is this
http://store.ovi.com/content/306946?...channel=&pos=3

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
There's a app that is supposed to do that, but it's still buggy: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84753

The Following User Says Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I have been wondering the same thing. My old Motorola bought in 1999 had no camera, no WAP and did not even look up names from the address book to show who a received SMS was from, but it had voice dialing. In some ways, "smartphones" are really two steps forward, one step back

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Finland
Don't know about the voice assistant or if this helps you with the gloves -issue, but this might be one solution for quicker calls.

The Following User Says Thank You to rrave For This Useful Post: