Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Have you had this issue ?
Poll Options
Have you had this issue ?

Wanted to know if any others are facing this issue, so that I can atleast rest assured that it was not something I had done.

The issue: Hildon-home shows as consuming 96% cpu and 47% ram from time to time (using conky, htop). The interface still responds, like the swipes across home screens but tapping a missed call alert or a new message becomes totally non-responsive. I can reach the phone app though easily by clicking the app icon or through the power button.

The new firmware update 51-1 showed in its change log that these elements have been made more responsive but I see no difference for this issue. I reduced the number of home screens, removed widgets and uninstalled status bar apps like load applet, still it does not change the scenario.

This does not happen always but when it happens it stays like this for around 3 to 4 minutes, long enough to frustrate when you are trying to open a new message. No other process is consuming more than usual power in htop.

Any ideas?

Regards
--Vijay

Last edited by chemist; 2010-06-14 at 14:16.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
+1 from me too. had this problem for ages. the only fix i found is to open terminal and type this when it happens.

sudo gainroot
killall hildon-desktop

that fixes the issue for a while. is there a Bug report logged for this??????

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-01-28 at 07:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Hmmm hit this myself as well.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

i was about to start a thread about the same thing lol. god its so annoying

yeah I use htop to terminate it.. but thats a very temporary solution. Didn`t file a bug report since I wanted to ensure that others are facing this scenario.

--Vj

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
+1 from me too. had this problem for ages. the only fix i found is to open terminal and type this when it happens.

sudo gainroot
killall hildon-desktop

that fixes the issue for a while. is there a Bug report logged for this??????

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
Voting by proxy for a friend who had this issue. Seemed to happen after he installed the weather applet, but that is by no means a concrete scenario.

Never had the problem myself.

Count me in

ill log a bug and post the ref soon

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I had this, but I was assuming it was down to me moving a lot of stuff from root into /home causing IO to clog up on the eMMC. Maybe its not that after all? I didn't try killing anything as most stuff if you kill it just reboots the N900 anyway.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
The only time I've had that was after installing adding a specific widget to the desktop.
Everyone should probably list all the widgets used, to see if there are some common ones.