Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
ok, so assuming that the MoDem will be a P*S8 when will the choice be done, which one is actually put into one's Neo900?
Since the P*S8 are drop-in-compatible, it's up to our customers to decide which variant they want in their particular device. We will probably offer choice from PLS8-US, PLS8-E, PHS8-K/J/(P?), PXS8.
See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93095.
We will contact all our customers for them to chose which variant of modem they want.

cheers
jOERG

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
ok, so i finally unearthed my 1st N900 which had been lying in its box in..., was able to flash it and...
that's it.
could install a couple of apps from extras but as soon as i try to install e.g. someplayer that actually depends on CORE fremantle packages, the installation fails complaining that such packages can not be found...

what i start to suspect is that there is no SSU anymore but only CSSU, which i simply don't want
period
does that mean that Neo900 won't work without CSSU?

what i start to suspect is that there is no SSU anymore but only CSSU, which i simply don't want
period
I think we need first to boot maemo at neo900, and only after that we can discuss about available repositories.

The Following User Says Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
I think we need first to boot maemo at neo900, and only after that we can discuss about available repositories.
this isn't quite your "extra / super / geeky" sort of repository.
without either SSU or CSSU repository, system simply doesn't work
or in such a way, one might as well have a NOKIA 1200 or so.

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
ok, so i finally unearthed my 1st N900 which had been lying in its box in..., was able to flash it and...
that's it.
could install a couple of apps from extras but as soon as i try to install e.g. someplayer that actually depends on CORE fremantle packages, the installation fails complaining that such packages can not be found...

period
Neo900 is a hardware platform. Whatever software you'll run on it depends on you, just like on PC.

However, Maemo in its stock form isn't really a very versatile OS. It expects to be running on N900, period. CSSU is just a fancy name for any updates provided by community, and of course some updates and modifications will be necessary to run Maemo on any other hardware platform, like the Neo900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Would it be possible to include a laser Penn of some sort? Maybe instead of ir?

Would something like this work with neo900?
http://www.satechi.net/index.php/x-p...2-3-ipod-touch

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-08-03 at 13:42.

so glad the ignore-list didn't get lost during the "migration" ¦-)

Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Neo900 is a hardware platform. Whatever software you'll run on it depends on you, just like on PC.
o, so you are going to make a port of Nitdroid for the Neo900?!?
but seriously, the only reason why anyone is his sane mind would want to spend such a fortune on a mobile is for one reason, and one reason only... running Maemo 5.0 / Fremantle on it
o, right, openmoko...
well, it's a free world, i guess...

Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
However, Maemo in its stock form isn't really a very versatile OS. It expects to be running on N900, period. CSSU is just a fancy name for any updates provided by community, and of course some updates and modifications will be necessary to run Maemo on any other hardware platform, like the Neo900.
anyway...
added SDK repository, et voilą! ¦-))
actually added it to get dpkg-dev in order to be able to build a local directory (based on e.g. http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fremantle/
but turns out that SDK also has all the SSU packages (whatever the logic behind that may be)
living on the bleeding edge?
less so then w/ CSSU >¦-))))

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Reminder: Today's the last day of the transfer period. If you still haven't transfered your donation from GDC to UG, hurry up!

More info

The Following User Says Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
this isn't quite your "extra / super / geeky" sort of repository.
without either SSU or CSSU repository, system simply doesn't work
or in such a way, one might as well have a NOKIA 1200 or so.
Wait. You don't have your own private backup of all required repositories?!
That's what I call living on the edge

According to maemo.org/packages the someplayer package in extras is broken. Install it from extras-testing or extras-devel.

Actually, it should be promoted to extras. But who knows if the repositories are actually being maintained. Anyway, nothing wget and dpkg cannot solve.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!