Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
[QUOTE]... this is when I charged my Pre3 on the wireless charger (touchstone), there was a strong magnetic field all around it (it was able to reset my electronic clock near it), and when the Jolla was around (about 50cm), it was bugging totally...[QUOTE]

This really sounds that your wireless charger (or Pre3) is not feeling well.
Sounds more like strong RF radiation than magnetic field, magnetic field in charger should be just coupled to the receiver coil, and even when nothing is charged, it shouldn't interfere anything, at least as far as in 50cm distance.

The RF noise of wireless charger should barely be able to block FM radio reception in close range.

curious Can someone test this?: Put phone on Qi charger, and try to listen FM radio with internal receiver. (Can't do with Jolla though)

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I must say that the exact same thing is happening on my HP Veer when charging wirelessly. It is not a faulty charger, but a known issue.

While it may be connected to the charging itself, argumentation with how Qi charging works is not relevant. Unlike Qi compatible phones/covers I know of, HP (Palm) phones have a magnet (and so does the Touchstone) so they snap right on the charger and stay there in a non-horizontal position. It is a fair assumption that the reason why Qi compatible phones do not have touchscreen problems while charging might be the lack of such magnet.

AFAIK all Touchstone compatible phones have such passive magnet and all of them suffer from this issue.

I don't have the Veer with me right now, but it might be interesting to check if the problem occurs when the Touchstone is not plugged in a power outlet.

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-08-28 at 09:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
No change in reception or issues with touchscreen whatsoever will all parts attached!

And it sticks to my fridge now.

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-08-28 at 09:29.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
And it sticks to my fridge now.
Now that is a feature I always wanted!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Started on finetuning Rev2

Changelog for the Base:
-magnets to slightly different position
-connection to bottom part to different position
-reducing size of pcb
-screw holes to clamp pcb to shell
-alignment dimples (holes) for both positions
-added chamfer to camera and flash

2.0.1 (as shown in video)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Is it possible to open the keyboard with just one thumb without loosing the connection between the two TOH segments? And will the two segments fall apart in the pocket because of some pressure?

I think there should be some (mostly invisible) slide meachanism composed of a flute/ furrow to be able to open the keyboard with one thumb (or am I wrong?) and for giving a 'preset-slide-movement' to the keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
This really sounds that your wireless charger (or Pre3) is not feeling well.
Sounds more like strong RF radiation than magnetic field, magnetic field in charger should be just coupled to the receiver coil, and even when nothing is charged,
You mean that... I have a powerful IEM DEVICE ?!

I gonna break all those Speed camera on the road ! Mouahahah !

More seriously, I just find my touchstone charger, I made few test. So without any power :

Jolla on it : Nothing happened, the static magnet don't stick to the Jolla, normal response of the screen, no launching.

Jolla near it (3cm) : Idem

With power :

Jolla on it : Nothing happened...

Jolla near it (3cm) : Idem

Jolla near it with HP Pre3 on Touchstone : The screen has a bigger latency on touch response

Jolla near it (3cm) with HP Pr3 at 1 cm over the Touchstone : A sound come from the Touchstone like a bad electric transformer, some perturbation with latency, the phone become dizzy, a little bit slow, that strange.

I put my FM Antenna of my Hifi near the Touchstone, without Pre3 on it, nothing, with pre3, nothing, with pre3 near it (1/2cm), some parasites on the sound.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hecraps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hecraps View Post
with pre3 near it (1/2cm), some parasites on the sound.
Sound parasites?!?!?!

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
[...]

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Please elaborate!
basically, the concept of the Jolla: no buttons but power & volume rocker. - just my 2 cts.

Not much cost or complexity, but finding a 2-stage camera button that fits within 0.6mm height is a challenge. You are very welcome to join the hunt! (2.2mm if it fits in a cutout)
mmmm

Andrew is in charge of the keypad and has full creative freedom in this. This was his latest render of what he had in mind, but some minor details will change. Happy?
ok, general design looks good.
  • like that the function / numbers keys are separated
  • would it be possible to drop the "joy pad" whatever & use 4 arrows & one or two "mouse" button(s) (if the function is available and that's what the central buton of the pad is
    you could also save the pad for the "game pad" you mentioned at the end of your video, maybe?
  • this also saves 3 keys space => 3 more free keys
  • why are there 3 Ctrl keys?!?
  • Esc, anyone? that "windooooz" like looking key top left?!? or is that a programmable key?
  • any chance to use Shift+Backspace as DEL, as on the N900?
  • Ctrl+C,Ctrl+X and Ctrl+V as copy cut and paste?

the last two are mostly up to the software implementation i guess...

is the layout of the keyboard discussed somewhere specifically?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
@misterc

There is only 1 Ctrl, the other 2 are "Char" and used for symbols... (in this case, they are for the Orange color)

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd