Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
firstly many thanks for creating this and making it available for us

when testing the remote record I get the following text back from sky.
>>
We couldn't find your programme. Use the format: Title. Channel. Date DD/MM. Time HH:MM. You must use the full stops. Or just the Title for a wider search.
<<
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
firstly many thanks for creating this and making it available for us

when testing the remote record I get the following text back from sky.
>>
We couldn't find your programme. Use the format: Title. Channel. Date DD/MM. Time HH:MM. You must use the full stops. Or just the Title for a wider search.
<<
can you send me the text that was sent.
As I said already in my release post that sky remote record is very unreliable through sms, it works for some programmes and doesnt work for some. Ive seen it works for most bbc channels.
Have a look at the sms text generated by the app and the format in most probability will be as per what SKY says but yet it doesnt work sometimes, sorry nothing much I can do about it, have sent a mail to sky about it but im almost certain they wont reply, they will ask me to try their ipineapple app !

anyways send me the text that you were trying to send to SKY , let me see if something was wrongly generated by the app. you can pm me if you like.

cheers

Last edited by krk969; 2010-02-06 at 15:50.

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
When i try and install this i get an error message saying about conflicting application packages phonon,opengl,webkit and xmlpatterns, does this mean these are missing etc? Doesnt give me any option to install them if needed, any ideas guys?

where can i see the text that was sent? cool ap by the way. many thanks once again for you time and effort for making it available.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
When i try and install this i get an error message saying about conflicting application packages phonon,opengl,webkit and xmlpatterns, does this mean these are missing etc? Doesnt give me any option to install them if needed, any ideas guys?
mm thats strange, have you ever installed something manually in the past ? I mean not from pplication manager ?
anyways what you could do is this
Code:
apt-get remove libqt4-maemo5-phonon
apt-get remove libqt4-maemo5-webkit
apt-get remove libqt4-maemo5-xmlpatterns
apt-get remove libqt4-maemo5-opengl
then install this app from the application manager.
let me know if it doesnt go well.

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Yes have just removed the conflicting library, never installed anything other than from app manager, it was 2 or 3 apps i had that conflicted, have removed them and now this works, didnt realise it automated the txt remote record process for you, i thought it was the proper sky remote record app ported to maemo! lol great work mate

The Following User Says Thank You to Jezz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
Yes have just removed the conflicting library, never installed anything other than from app manager, it was 2 or 3 apps i had that conflicted, have removed them and now this works, didnt realise it automated the txt remote record process for you, i thought it was the proper sky remote record app ported to maemo! lol great work mate
no unfortunately not, They sell that app so wont make those api's available to us free software mortals who dont buy apples or grapes

anyways, once QT mobility is ready for the messaging module for Maemo then we can automate the sms sending from the app instead of opening up the SMS gui for each message.
ATM, maemo doesnt provide good integration with the communication part of the phone ( SMS/call etc ).

I use the reminders in my N900 calendar more than remote record, since I do it on the weekend for the whole week, i dont need to use remote record.

where can i see the text that was sent? cool ap by the way. many thanks once again for you time and effort for making it available.
in your sms app of course

yes i know that but in conversations i cannot see a sent items view.

yes i know that but in conversations i cannot see a sent items view.
I guess thats because all conversations are shown together for any number on the N900. both recieved and sent
have a look at my screeshot maybe that will help.
Attached Images

Last edited by krk969; 2010-02-06 at 21:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post: