thanks, maybe without a keyboard (ಠ_ಠ) ... but hey, looks nice.

Where did the pic come from? It was an Intel-only conference I believe.
(I'd like to see original to do a close-up)
And how do you know it's Medfield?

Chippy.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by shady View Post
thanks, maybe without a keyboard (ಠ_ಠ) ... but hey, looks nice.
Well it would fit with the rumour that the "first N9" is going to be one with no physical keyboard.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

makin assumptions that it has anything to do with nokia ... ;P

The Following User Says Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:
THis isn't the N9. Unless you want to wait for very late 2011. Medfield isn't in production until then. It's likely just a demostrator from first silicon samples.

hate to spam the thread, but i very highly doubt that they are waving preprod.fab on stage a few wks before MWC. call it good timing if you want, but i dont see intel doing anything but trynna get chips out asap.

not trynna link this device to nokia, at all. personally i dont think this device has ANYTHING to do with them however nokia has been working on a mfld device since at least september of '10, which i would then say was preprod.fab ... 6mos thereafter tho, i would think that they would be ready to announce/release. im just not ready to say that this has much to do with nokia other than the meego OS ... and even then :/

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
I highly doubt intel would have a nokia prototype in their possession, let alone be waving it around on stage at a sales conference.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
I highly doubt intel would have a nokia prototype in their possession, let alone be waving it around on stage at a sales conference.
And Intel has had quite a bit of history with showing MeeGo and Moblin very early on these Atom and what not protos so i don't think this got anything to do with Nokia.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
This is the step that matches ARM's power consumption while idle?
Next gen is the one that'll match ARM's power consumption during operation, right?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

no, moorestown was idle sipping ... medfield/penwell is power/performance matching.

link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...67N0NI20100824

Aug 24 (Reuters) - The power usage of Intel's (INTC.O) next generation wireless chip will equal processors based on designs by rival ARM (ARM.L), and the U.S. firm expects to pull away after that, its technology chief said on Tuesday.

"With (our) Moorestown processor we equal them on standby power, in the next generation Medfield we will equal them on active power," Justin Rattner, Intel's Chief Technology Officer, told Reuters in an interview.

"I expect us to just pull away after that because we have a fundamental technology advantage, which they don't have," he said in an interview on the sidelines of a news conference opening Intel's joint research centre with Nokia (NOK1V.HE) in Northern Finland.

Analysts have previously said Intel's chip-and-chipset platforms will be too power-hungry for portable consumer electronics and cellphones, when compared with rival platforms based on ARM architecture.

Battery life -- hurt most by large screens and powerful processors -- is one of the most crucial metrics in the phone industry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:

Tags
armchairanalyst