Active Topics

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
The sticker is cool and I'm European

maemo.org split in two rows or not: no strong opinion

what about 'open source collaboration' on the top. good to satisfy insiders and to attract the interest of outsiders in the nearby. the sentence make sense to most of the Maemo target group.

Packages & trunks all recall me to a Linuc teck elite speaking to themselves, something that is not even representative of the current Maermo community as a whole.

Device names is much sorter and much possible to be understood by many. If you see 'maemo' and 'N900' in a sticker pus 'open source collaboratio' and you still don't get it no worries: you are not target and you won't get any variant of the sticker anyway.

About vazd proposal we already have vazd sticker will all the projects names and flag shape,which is cool.
IMO:
OPEN SOURCE COLLABORATION on top is good and makes the link between the community and the maemo OS. The one with the trunk is funny. maemo.org splitted makes sense because makes the text bigger, underlines "maemo" word, and the fact that the community website is at dot org is still visible on the second line is ok. Device name on the bottom is too much information, I like the continued curved line instead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Architengi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
The sticker is cool and I'm European

maemo.org split in two rows or not: no strong opinion

what about 'open source collaboration' on the top. good to satisfy insiders and to attract the interest of outsiders in the nearby. the sentence make sense to most of the Maemo target group.

Packages & trunks all recall me to a Linuc teck elite speaking to themselves, something that is not even representative of the current Maermo community as a whole.

Device names is much sorter and much possible to be understood by many. If you see 'maemo' and 'N900' in a sticker pus 'open source collaboratio' and you still don't get it no worries: you are not target and you won't get any variant of the sticker anyway.

About vazd proposal we already have vazd sticker will all the projects names and flag shape,which is cool.
Cool. I'll upload a new version sometime this weekend and we'll call it quits on sticker design.

I'd like to see this, if budget allows:
  • wazd's sticker (around 6x5 or closest proportional dimensions)
  • Euro bumper sticker
  • A smaller m.o sticker (like the small one from last year)

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Final oval bumper sticker design (5"x3"). (After thinking more about, it, I do think that the m.o needs to stay on one line.)

Tim
Attached Images

Last edited by timsamoff; 2009-09-13 at 19:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Final rectangular sticker (6"x4").

Tim
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Platania (CZ), ITALY
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Final shirt design.

Tim
Very very beautiful T-Shirt
email: antoniodicello[at]gmail[dot]com
blog: http://rafanto.net

The Following User Says Thank You to rafanto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Good news and bad news.

Stickers are on its way. I even got samples. The oval is great, the flag is good and the small maemo.org logos are ok. the difference is the printing dots being too thich to my taste. No problem when you look from a distance or with pure colors, but that gray and orange from a clores distance...

Most people won't even notice.

The bad news is that today the shirt provider based in Amsterdam said that they need the payment in advance in order to proceed. After these weeks of discussions. I called to ask whether an exception can be made since I can't just pull the money from my company. The answer was that Nokia is not in their customer list and there they couldn't trust it..... My feeling is that the problem was somewhere else in the short term deadline they had now but who cares. The fact was that this morning I had to look for another provider.

Which I did and they think they can still make it on time. All this had to happen the single day in the last 2 months that I'm out of Helsinki without my laptop but such is life. I'm about to pick the train back to Helsinki to post the details.

Everything was in the wiki except the final list of shirts / gender / sizes, shared only between the provider, Tim and myself. You always will find that more openness is needed, no matter how open you are already working.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Un-frigging-believable.

Thanks, Quim!

Since you didn't have your laptop, did you handle everything with your N900?

I find that the best thing to do is e-mail myself important information so that I can grab it "from the cloud" wherever I am.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
The only problem was to reach an email in the Sent folder of an IMAP account from 2 weeks ago while Tim (who was CCed) was sleeping not so far from Omaha. Otherwise yes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
The answer was that Nokia is not in their customer list and there they couldn't trust it.....
Nokia can't be trusted, lol... wow.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The only problem was to reach an email in the Sent folder of an IMAP account ...
Hahahahaha, there's some serious irony....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
2009, crowdsourcing, design, maemo summit, merchandise, summit, t-shirt