Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
After searching and searching because I want a keyboard with my N9 and many of us want that to, because we can't have a N950 we have to find a solution.

I might have found a solution that would be quite easy.

You just put and fit your device inside the casing and the slide out keyboard is a bluetooth device that should connect to your unit.

I haven't seen the unit in real but I plan order one when I get the N9. I think it's a great finding since the N950 is not availaible to the public and Nokia doesn't plan to sell it and the N9 is the last Meego device.

The only thing is the casing is made for the Iphone so we need to fit the N9 inside so I haven't compare the dimension yet.

You can get those device on ebay for around 30$ by typing

Mini Bluetooth Sliding Keyboard&Hard
Attached Images

Last edited by JD2010; 2011-07-07 at 13:56.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD2010 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I read some where that the N9 Bluetooth does not have the HID profile. It has A2DP, AVRCP, FTP, HFP, HSP, OPP per
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devic...ifications/N9/ However, it does not list HID for the N900 and that was shown to be easily enabled by editing the BT configuration file. So, this might work with a little editing.

Last edited by tzsm98; 2011-07-07 at 14:02. Reason: checked N900 specs at developer.noia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
It would mean we could have the ''best of both worlds''. Lets hope that there is more of a push for landscape mode in future updates and thats those crafty chinese manufactures realise that there is a market for this accessory

I will try to get the full spec of it so we can see if it fit

the only thing I have notice is we would have to make a little hole on the casing to make a picture because the lens would be block

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
It looks like it might be hard to type on the top row. Maybe the keyboard slides out more than the photo indicates. At least there is some hope!

Bluetooth = less power on the device, less power for the phone.
========= more charging necessary
+ extra bulk
- button layout/quality
Therefore, a bad idea.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
+ extra bulk
- button layout/quality
Therefore, a bad idea.
The unit has is own battery. The best would be the N950 but we can't have it and I wonder how can I write on this forum only by typping on a screen

As for the N9, maybe because the 2 units are very close each appart we could lower the power of the bluethoot on the N9, if this is something that could be done by a little program or something like that

Last edited by JD2010; 2011-07-07 at 14:28.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
+ extra bulk
- button layout/quality
Therefore, a bad idea.
Good idea/bad idea is relative to the use case. If one is away from a charger for periods and need to have a slim phone then it is a bad idea. If one is using this near a charger and away from a desktop, like in the car, then this might actually be a functional arrangement.

Additionally, if the virtual keyboard on the N9 is as screwed up as the one on the N900 then this might be the only way of getting unscrambled, edited input without a lot of re-entry. No doubt more thought could go into the design of the physical keyboard and holder device.

Originally Posted by JD2010 View Post
I might have found a solution that would be quite easy.
Except... if you look closely at the official specs, there's no mention of support for Bluetooth HID. Someone may eventually be able to hack something together, but it won't work out of the box.