Active Topics

Notices

I never manage to tune it to the correct frequency. When I let go it just spins and spins to something random..

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
It seems none of the developers are interested in developing of this app..

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sao Paulo, Brazil
Anyone can get the source from the Garage and continue the development.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I miss a option to listen to frequencies below 87,5 MHz, the receiver itself supports it for Asian countries.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
I was recently playing around with source code of the fmradio (borrowing code for other purposes ) and I must say that the radio handling part is quite easy (controlled via alsamixer).

Tunning is fully analog, riding on frequencies and checking audio level, when we discover peak, with a falling slope, we come back to the peak and set it as a station.

Power consumption is related to the fact that the stream is constantly recorded and played back. This also introduces quite a delay in the stream (over 200 ms), compared to direct output which is possible, but can break the phone speaker.

UI definitely needs some love, it is quite easy to interface with the control part of the application.

If there is any dev interested in investing his/her time into it, I would be happy to share the little knowledge I have. No time to take care of it, though...

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

The Following User Says Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
thanks hopbeat , i wish i knew programming

if any dev is interested and we gather enough users who are truly interested I think we can give some donations to encourage him

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011