Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Bullsh*t, you can always DD the flash to 1.0
Please keep in mind ,"You" does not mean every user.

For a limited time for current fresh out of repair cases there still this convenient "reset device" that basically provides choice to use 1.0 or 2.0.

Once I discover my device has been served an involuntary upgrade of reset 2.0 and I have to look up or ask you what DD means I will be more happy to have been warned in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Please keep in mind ,"You" does not mean every user.

For a limited time for current fresh out of repair cases there still this convenient "reset device" that basically provides choice to use 1.0 or 2.0.

Once I discover my device has been served an involuntary upgrade of reset 2.0 and I have to look up or ask you what DD means I will be more happy to have been warned in advance
I would gladly help a fellow Sailfish OS user to dd their phones
don't worry about it hehehe

What I meant with the reply was that there IS a way to get your phone back to an older firmware. Yes, it may be a bit the geeky way, but it is possible

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
It took me a while to adapt to 2.0 but I have to say well done sailors. I think I would find it hard to go back to the previous version now. The UI feels more professional, slicker and more intuitive. I like the new event view a lot, and I like sideways push to the home screen. I was initially unhappy with the slow fade in, but now I like it, particularly as pushing can start anyway before the fade in finishes. I miss cover swipes, and I don't want the drawer handle but otherwise no major grumbles.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Martinhsl68hw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
So did you enable the services? It does partially work without enabling it but for proper operation they need to be enabled

Are you using wifi, there has been some issues with Whatsapp on wifi.
No i dont have activated the enable services option but if it runs partially if is deactivated maybe this is my "issue"... i activate it and lets see =)

Thank you.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I have to look up or ask you what DD means I will be more happy to have been warned in advance
It is the hull type classification code for a Destroyer.

That's kinda fitting given the overall Jolla/Sailfish marine theme.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
...and I have to look up or ask you what DD means I will be more happy to have been warned in advance
Nothing to add but other than DD means a very good thing to my very dirty mind...

carry on...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Nothing to add but other than DD means a very good thing to my very dirty mind...

carry on...
I think I know what you mean - tried to BB it the other night, it overheated and is now stuck in a boot loop so I just might have to "Google" DD

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Isn't that a bit... Sailfish?

I've always been more of a "B" guy...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I would gladly help a fellow Sailfish OS user to dd their phones
I would be pleased if you could write a kind of Howto

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Media Player controls in Lock Screen are a great 2.0 improvement! Actually, it's even better than swipe-cover.

On 1.x, I had to wake up (double tap), swipe down to bring Home Screen and swipe left-right (pause-next track). Now I just double tap and tap.

Starting to love 2.0.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mced For This Useful Post: