Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Add the following line at the end of the /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini file
Code:
whitelist = rtcom-messaging-ui
thanks. will first create a backupmenu backup in case I miss up with transitions file.

after the last update device is in a booting loop - maybe the same old issue of the ext4 partition? anyway - i'll check during the weekend and post back - thanks for the update.

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@impeham - yes, it is ext4, there was update to ke-recv/upstart

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@RichardN900 - of course you can use 720p, can you imagine the developer behind those two projects (720p and -thumb) to make them incompatible one to another

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Thanks for the update again.
updated and phone works fine.
Noted somthing that now xorg is using little more cpu than non-thumb
Maybe it's just me or does anybody else have seen same happening??

Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
Thanks for the update again.
updated and phone works fine.
Noted somthing that now xorg is using little more cpu than non-thumb
Maybe it's just me or does anybody else have seen same happening??
xorg was not updated, so I don't see how that could happen. You may try to power-cycle your device, sometimes SGX drivers go nuts if you do a reboot only

Community SSU developer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
xorg was not updated, so I don't see how that could happen. You may try to power-cycle your device, sometimes SGX drivers go nuts if you do a reboot only
I didnt updated thumb .
I updated from cssu testing to cssu thumb.
But yes noticed that after few reboots xorg is working fine again wanted to post that but my internet is going nuts connects but cant do anything no data transfers.
Also will you compile fennec latest version once it is released

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@RichardN900 - of course you can use 720p, can you imagine the developer behind those two projects (720p and -thumb) to make them incompatible one to another
No i can't imagine, but i lost track of who's who or who's doing what, so i'd rather ask than brick.
A couple days ago i started to backup and clean the phone to give thumb a try and i have found that my hangs, closings and lagness were due an overcrowded sms history. I tought this was stored "on disk" but it seems not, or that indexes are huge and took too much memory for them.
Now i can open any app in 1sec or less, i'm impressed because i had forgotten that feeling.
I always kept at least 1 year of messages, about a week ago i erased anything over 6 months and the phone stood laggy and dumb.
This time i just kept 3 months and the change is amazing.
Also when i was about to install -thumb (it seems i had the repo added some time ago, because is there, but grey) a new CSSU update came up (usually my WiFi is off for months and have no data package on the phone) i let it install just in case.
I think both actions may be responsible if there were some cleanup or anything alike when updating CSSU.
Now that you assure i'm not loosing that option i'll give it a try anyway, because i think that if now is fast, it will make it faster and maybe last for a longer sms history.

But, now another thing (the annoying thing)... I have some small utilities DL from ovi store/nokia store, nokia panorama is a heck of an app too and i really don't want to loose it. ¿Will it work?
I guess anything on repos may or should work, fcamera or a better camera will too right?

Yes, taking pictures with this monster makes my day some times and those amazing panoramas take me out of this world.
I can't and i wouldn't loose anyhting related to pictures or video during holidays....

So, i know i asked a bit too many times, but... ¿am i safe? (sorry to bother so much)

Thanks a lot for your patience.

Last edited by RichardN900; 2012-12-28 at 13:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichardN900 For This Useful Post:
@RichardN900 - so far there are no reports of any application incompatible with CSSU-thumb, at least I am not aware of. And having in mind that users were > 700 2 months ago, I boldly say there is no such app. Besides those that have problems with KP itself(fcam for example), but you should be fine as you have 720p already

Community SSU developer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Richard for fcamera and related apps to work you'll need fcam drivers from extras-testing (maybe even devel, I'm not sure), not extras proper as they are too old.

This is true for recent powerkernels too, not just cssu-thumb, but if you come to thumb from stock kernel and have fcam-drivers 1.0.6-1 fcamera will not work.

by the way we should promote fcam-drivers to extras proper after the migration...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life