Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Is Nexus 5 almost ready for prime time, I might buy a 2nd-hand one, chuck Sailfish on it, & use it alongside my Note 4.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Is Nexus 5 almost ready for prime time, I might buy a 2nd-hand one, chuck Sailfish on it, & use it alongside my Note 4.
Nexus 4 works quite well

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Nexus 4 works quite well
Nah, more interested in N5...

that is what I have, would love to stick sailfish on it.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Nah, more interested in N5...
ive had exactly same thought ,bought a nexus 5 with broken sim slot to mess around with. the camera still doesnt work though and the sensors are all ???

Yeah, moving sloooooowly, wish they wouldn't prioritise N4 quite so heavily... :-/
Jolla's getting quite cheap now though, if they haven't released a J2 by the end of this year, & if I can get over the frustration of that, I may buy a Jolla instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
the main reason i want a nexus 5, is for te screen and ram, in sunlight I cant really read the Jolla screen, and I've had enough of the new ram managment system killing the browser or whatever am listening to.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
I'm still running Sailfish on my Nexus 5. I haven't had any issue with it as a daily driver (other than the camera).

I had bluetooth issues early on but those issues were resolved with Alpha 4. There is no way I can think of to test GPS as there is no Android compatibility (so I can't install Google Maps or Here Maps).

I don't use navigation on a daily basis and I have another device for a camera so I don't really miss running Android. My installation is also via multirom so if push came to shove and I needed navigation I can always boot over to Android.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me and I can report back here. I am currently running Alpha 6 on my Nexus 5.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Demati For This Useful Post:
has anyone tried to port sailfisOS to Amazon firephone?

does it have a cm11 port?

Tags
mister a-hole