Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by N.Howell View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

does anyone know the code for pr1.2rc for the below.

ive tried generic, 002 and so on. searched high an low and now i'm stuck.

If your Settings - About Product is showing <unknown> after kernel mod: (It's not important but for those who care)
1. Launch xterminal
2. sudo gainroot (assuming you have rootsh installed)
3. apt-get install --reinstall mp-fremantle-generic-pr (this name can be different. instead of generic, it may be 002 or 003 etc)
4. reboot
This still doesn`t work for me?Help?

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Not sure if it's mentioned before (can't bother going through 900 posts), but one thing I really like now is that, you can control the volume of the music even with the screen turned off...

I have installed PR 1.2 RC and two days ago i have a bug.To hang up my call, the screen return into the desktop and return in the phone menu.I'm alone to have this problem?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by flexmat View Post
I have installed PR 1.2 RC and two days ago i have a bug.To hang up my call, the screen return into the desktop and return in the phone menu.I'm alone to have this problem?
I had something similar to this but not exactly the same. After finishing one call, I had to wait for my credit balance(USSD) to get displayed and then an error message coming in and then only i was able make another call. Meanwhile when I tried to call before the error message, the phone returned to the desktop without proceeding with the call.

Originally Posted by digittante View Post
As the title says, I flashed my N900 to the leaked PR1.2 using this blog post and then rebooted it....
Following up on my original "...and I did not die" post from 3 days ago (available in full here):
  • Sorry for the duplicate thread, and thanks to Reggie for merging it here
  • Thanks also to Reggie for tolerating discussion of the leaked firmware on a Nokia-sponsored community (he and I exchanged a few PM's and are in agreement on handling this topic
  • The leaked PR1.2 introduced errors on my device, so I've reverted to PR1.1.1

Specific errors were: Contact information synced via Exchange Server did not persist across device reboots or network switches (i.e. going from WiFi to 3G or vice-versa). In 3 days, I had to reset the Exchange Server sync settings 2 dozen times, regardless of whether I used Google's sync feature or NuevaSync's.

Also, upon every reboot, a warning notice appeared indicating "An internal error has occurred; can not proceed" (paraphrased).

With 1400+ contacts, unstable retention of them was a deal-breaker.

I reflashed easily back to PR1.1.1 via the standard method, encountered the expected 'unrecognized SIM' error, and overcame that with the published method. Then I restored everything else from my latest Backup

After this little glimpse of the future (or at least the PR1.2-future), I'm happily back in PR1.1.1-ville.

Props to the community for developing all the resources that enabled me to take this little adventure. You all rock (except Abill_UK when he's cranky...;-))

digittante

Happy to field questions where I can help.
================================================

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digittante For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Hey guys, check this video on portrait mode in Modest, in the 1.2 update! Or is this old news allready?

http://maemoarena.com/tag/nokia-n900/

hi.
i have a simple and silly question.but i am new.so don't be mean to me.please.
what is a pr1.2?
is it a firmwire new version?
thanks.

Yeah it is. But where we talk about here isnt the real one, but a buggy lekaed version. The real one isnt out jet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Warhamstr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Thessaloniki, Greece
Originally Posted by sada View Post
hi.
i have a simple and silly question.but i am new.so don't be mean to me.please.
what is a pr1.2?
is it a firmwire new version?
thanks.
yes, it's the next firmware version and it should fix quite a few bugs and bring new features as well..

The Following User Says Thank You to kmare For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2010 @ belgium
i stil not encountered a bug or problem with the beta pr1.2

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/29/the-croiman-psycho-iphone-makes-other-modders-weep-with-joy-env/

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality