Posts: 90 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
i received a call and phone closes with an error,i tried to reboot the fone and i got stuck in the reboot loop is there a way to fix that? or i have to flash it
using pr 1.2 two months ago, the only thing i did today was installing USSD .... nothing more...
removed battery tried to recharge no result stuck in reboot loop

Last edited by oz87; 2010-07-16 at 20:16.

Try taking the battery out for a while, say 10 minutes. Then try a reboot.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Fort Worth, TX, USA
Very odd that my phone just started today this as well... Only thing I did today was uninstall wifi hotspot since I bought JoikuSpot. I tried the pulling of the battery but that did nothing... so guess I'm on to reflashing...

its ok guys found a solution... tnx anyway

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Fort Worth, TX, USA
oz87 what was the solution?

I also had to reflash today. There were two possible causes:

1. I was remapping the keyboard. I modified /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 and ran setxkbmap. But I had done this several times before and I was quite careful.

2. I turned off the n900 while I was still using ssh to log in to the n900 from my linux computer.

When I restarted the n900 I got a small icon (usually the phone or the correct time) in the upper left-hand corner. I charged it up and could see the charger working (both the light and the icon). But I could never completely boot. I'd see the 5 lights, see the two hands and hear the little tune, but I'd only see the small icon in the upper-left corner after that.

The good news on reflashing was the all my contacts, photos, bookmarks, and personal files (everything on /home/user) remained.

The bad news was that I had to reinstall all the applications and tweaks. Fortunately, I have been careful to log my progress, so it has been bad but not too bad.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Hi econprof, not sure about number 1, but 2 definitely wont cause a reboot cycle. I do that about 30 times a day : )

Here is the solution
follow steps i tried on windows 7 64bit didnt work
it worked on Mandriva 2010
use this cmd -->sudo ./flasher-3.5 --enable-rd-mode
if u get this error "USB device found found at bus 01,device address 028
Error claiming USB interface: Device or resource busy"
execute this cmd --> sudo modprobe -r cdc_phonet
and try again
even tho i followed the commands and got the spanner icon and so but it didnt work....hope it works for you guys