Active Topics

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
[Damn...this is offtopic...sorry]
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
PR 1.2 What an epic failure Nokia.
100.000 n900 sold worldwide and there are ppl here who still thinks that the device was a success.... and I paid for it 600 euro... more than an ipad..
It was in 5 weeks and you should probably compare N900 to N8x and N700 To get picture right. N900 has been big success for Nokia internally. Market and gremlins running around with half brain again show that how little people understand business. This was not device for masses. Developer platform for early adaptors. Sadly Nokia made mistake and advertised it in some European countries as mature device for everyone and right now we are taking some backfire of that here in maemo.org.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Were you able to get the fix?

Mine worked though
"the fix"?
is there a fix already?

Last edited by rami; 2010-05-30 at 08:49.

Originally Posted by rami View Post
"the fix"
is there a fix already?
Did you search?

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=678183&postcount=5
ok finally I got my conversation history back. I don't know exactly
what was happing. Maybe it is because I got a sms-message just
after the update but before I tried to restore the conversations.

In the .rtcom-eventlogger directory were my backup.tgz, el.db (with old history)
and el-v1.db (with one new message).
To get my old conversation history back I had to remove (or move away) the el-v1.db
(but don't start the conversation app), restore from backup (this creates a new el-v1.db).
And now all conversations are back :-)
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53641

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saudi Arabia
I actually searched, but didn't run into this one, thanks a lot

Has anyone noticed that when you receive a call on skype it rings a few times and if you don't pick up it drops the call like you have rejected it?

Consequently it won't register as missed call, but rather as received while the person calling you will get a busy or refused message in windows or linux client respectively.

Cellular and gtalk calls don't suffer from the same problem.

Anybody else seeing that?

Is anyone else seeing very erratic animations of the 5 white circles during boot?

Originally Posted by DJRedline View Post
Email Widget - The Configuration (spanner) icon does nothing
It will activate when u configure more than 1 service for inbox !! try to add another mailbox and check the same !

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Austria (no kangaroos over here)
Originally Posted by salah99 View Post
If I charge my phone, the notification light in the corner flash orange as usual, BUT when I receive any SMS, IM messages, the notification light still flash orange. In the past, it flashes blue light!!

anyone face the same problem?
Same here.

And one more thing: "An Error occured and the Email-Application had to be closed" - this never happend before PR 1.2, saw it accidentally the past few days. Also, sometimes when I open the Mail-App it shows me "there are no folders" for a second.

And there's still the old bug that the Adressor- and Reference-line at my POP-mails still stay empty (works fine with IMAP-Mails)...

CU - M_99

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
can it be that the arrow-keys and the spacebar dont work anymore with fullscreen-flash? it used to work on youtube when you watch a video in fullscreen - now it doesnt.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
I couldn't reproduce this. Have you tried changing theme?
haha good point, I totally forgot i was using a non standard theme (matrix) ... went back to the blue one, we'll see if i see this happen again :-)