Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Credits goes to rauha and post here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1004

My new T-shirt got some attention today at work

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Hahaha, great! I assume this is part of the god-edition?

The Following User Says Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
This t-shirt alone justifies all the sweat you put into that project. Thanks Rauha.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Dirkvl, could you provide corresponding solid model files (non-stl files) for those models which are currently at GitHub? Editing those stl files is a bit PITA.

For example the magnet hole diameters are about 0,2-0,3 mm too small and about 0,4-0,5 mm has to be cut off from other places to be able to fit the board inside the casing. The casing model required also about 1 % downscaling so that it doesn't drop off when attached and some other small modifications at least when printed with my 3d printer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skvark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by skvark View Post
Dirkvl, could you provide corresponding solid model files (non-stl files) for those models which are currently at GitHub? Editing those stl files is a bit PITA.
Yes I know. It sucks big time. But again, these are optimized for Shapeways, You're most likely better off using those as a guide to make a regular printer compatible version. But still...

Preparing for MWC and other projects has taken a bit of my time the last weeks, so have not been able to push as many files to the github as I wanted and have to send some kickstarter updates also and instructions to the people that got diy's and proto's. as well as discussing with china and korea about production.

Busy buys busy busy.

Anyway: before i can push a lot of files to github i have to fix some licencing issues, which is going slower than planned. My priority list is a bit flooding atm, but after mwc there should be some calmer waters for me and i have time for this again.

Also, production of the final keypads has not started yet, due to chinese festival. I hope this will not cause significant delays as I have no clue how long they need for 1500 pcs, Maybe it'll all go well and all is on schedule, if not: you are the first to know.

Long story short: it's a long story.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
Alumide/Carbonfiber keyboard:

Demoing also "alt-tab" task-switcher (Still with fixed set of apps running...)
nice, wish will get one once.
but couldn't not play video in jolla native browser.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to melmoth.sk For This Useful Post:
You can use dolphin from Android for browser-video...

The Following User Says Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Lithuania
Finaly I found some footage of TOHKBD from MWC15 I already had some sort of disappointment that only the Jolla tablet gets all the attention..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A834DyFiBUE

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to paranoiac For This Useful Post:
Sweet demo!

Got me thinking, how will the dictionary/autocomplete stuff work with this? Hopefully it's all just disabled, but any inside info?

PS.
@dirkvl, have you considered goin full Paul Verhoeven on these videos, "zis slijde wörks vith a miniyatyure maagnet"?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mjtorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Here is a spanish post with an english interview to dirkvl about TOHKBD and two more videos of others TOHs... http://www.jollaes.com/2015/03/mwc15-dia-2-other-half/

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd