Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by yawuji View Post
Same here, got my Jolla couple of weeks ago and after some initial quibbles, fell in love with Sailfish OS. Even though waiting for TOHKBD2 is painful, I am sure the TOHKBD2 team is doing a fantastic job to make it the best keyboard expericence. Kudos to the team and dirkvl ..
The wait on the keypads here is also painfull! But should be sent before the end of the month! Fingers crossed!

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Hope it'll be soon, my Jolla is starting to show serious signs of fatigue (the screen shows a thick yellowish pattern on one side). Would be way too frustrating to get my tohkbd2 (well, my 2 tohkbd2 ) after my phone's death.

Dirkv, Kimmo, is it possible to unlock the Jolla with only one tap on the screen when the keyboard is open, like on the N900? I mean, no double tap, no lock screen, but rather app covers or, even better, last app used. Being back to the N900 currently (last Sailfish update went wrong and nothing works anymore, trying to find a fix before factory reset), I remember how useful and convenient it can be. For instance, today I used Sygic, and it was not set to keep screen on during navigation, so I had to wake the screen regularly. More complicated ways to wake it up or to restore Sygic would have been impossible to use. And that's just an example, the same applies for reading and so on.

Basically, if you have your keyboard open and the screen goes to sleep, then you have been interrupted in what you were doing (otherwise you would have closed the keyboard). So you don't want to double tap, go to lockscreen, swipe, find the right app cover among the others, and finally tap it, just to resume what you were doing before being interrupted. Since two days that I can resume this way, I've been amazed by how many times this can happen each day.

Perhaps a simpler way would be to execute a script that keeps display on when the keyboard is open.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2015-05-11 at 09:11.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
The wait on the keypads here is also painfull! But should be sent before the end of the month! Fingers crossed!
That's great news (appreciate you giving an estimate too)!

Any idea how much time you think it will take to ship all of the kickstarter orders? I'm trying to work out when my funkyOH order might arrive, and I know it won't be shipped until all the rest are done.

Late to the party but the suspense is killing me already!

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
That's great news (appreciate you giving an estimate too)!

Any idea how much time you think it will take to ship all of the kickstarter orders?
This is the first time I am doing this and I do not want to make people happy with a dead bird, but when I have more guestimations I will post them.

More daily and less official guestimations on #jollatohkbd IRC

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
This is the first time I am doing this and I do not want to make people happy with a dead bird
Sparrow. Dead sparrow. But hey, you can make me happy with it, as long as the keyboard comes. But that's another cook

The Following User Says Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robnas View Post
But that's another cook
Different cake. That's different cake.
If we start using the wrong words when translating dutch sayings, the end is lost

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roland684 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Roland684 View Post
Different cake. That's different cake.
If we start using the wrong words when translating dutch sayings, the end is lost
I thought the end was search :-P

The Following User Says Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
"The keypad is under assembly now, very slow output, I will check the status early tomorrow morning and let you know at once."

Will make some update this week. Little updates, but have done a lot of assembly and preparations behind the scenes.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Hi Dirk,

I'd like to preorder, but the shop says out of stock. Do you have an estimate when you will open that again?

Second question: I would be curious about some statistics on the project, especially how many people ordered which cover/backplate/keyboard color/layout - would be cool to have that while everybody is waiting for there keyboards to be assembled

Thank you for your great work!
Marcel

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd