Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
I am using Openelec on the Raspberry. After a while it sends all network adapters to sleep and I have to ping it several times till it responds. To avoid this behaviour I created a cronjob which pings the router every 2 minutes. Works quite well. Maybe this applies to Raspbmc too?

Last edited by Macros; 2013-02-17 at 23:05.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
I am using Openelec on the Raspberry. After a while it sends all network adapters to sleep and I have to ping it several times till it responds. To avoid this behaviour I created a cronjob which pings the router every 2 minutes. Works quite well. Maybe this applies to Raspbmc too?
If Raspbmc does behave the same way, it really shouldn't do so while I'm working with it, so that can't be the reason Xbmcremote can't reach it.

Btw Mzanetti would it be possible to update the repo to 1.3? repository.maemo.org is officially back up, though they still suffer from some hashsum errors.

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Hi, I have raspbmc running on my Raspberry Pi, which is currently XBMC ver 12.0 RC2. Is there any reason Xbmcremote would not work with this version of XBMC?
I can't get a connection from remote to XBMC.
I was thinking it also might be because of the RasPi being behind a network switch, and that's why it's not found by the remote.

For future versions of Xmbcremote, I suggest the ability to edit connection profiles. I have now 1.1, and if I want to try connecting with different settings, I have to create a new profile. Thanks, Ben
I don't think I'll add that as editing a connection is really not something you do often once you pick the correct version for your xbmc.

EDIT: Besides, raspmc should support zeroconf. Set your xbmc settings correctly and you don't even have to manually add the connection.

Last edited by mzanetti; 2013-02-18 at 08:00.

If Raspbmc does behave the same way, it really shouldn't do so while I'm working with it, so that can't be the reason Xbmcremote can't reach it.

Btw Mzanetti would it be possible to update the repo to 1.3? repository.maemo.org is officially back up, though they still suffer from some hashsum errors.
No. Network switches make no difference (unless they are high tech ones and manually configured to do so).

I tried to upload it to the repository now. Doesn't work. Something goes wrong when uploading the files. I would be very happy if one of the many N900 users could step up and give me a hand with with maintainance (testing and uploading) of the N900 version as I really don't use my N900 any more.

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
EDIT: Besides, raspmc should support zeroconf. Set your xbmc settings correctly and you don't even have to manually add the connection.
I updated raspmbc to 12.0 final release, and xbmcremote to 1.3 - so these 2 version are supposed to work together, right?
I made sure raspbmc is publishing zeronconf, and it is detected on the network by the remote, but when trying to connect, I get this error:
Code:
Error downloading http://10.0.026:9981/jsonrpc - server replied: Not found
That IP address is my Raspberry Pi. What is jsonrpc?
I tried to upload it to the repository now. Doesn't work. Something goes wrong when uploading the files. I would be very happy if one of the many N900 users could step up and give me a hand with with maintainance (testing and uploading) of the N900 version as I really don't use my N900 any more.
I'd be willing to try this, but I'm not sure if I'd actually be helpful, as I have no coding skills and have never done this before. Would have to dig deeper into this swamp, but not sure I wanna, if it's only to find out that the task at hand surpasses my abilities...

I updated raspmbc to 12.0 final release, and xbmcremote to 1.3 - so these 2 version are supposed to work together, right?
I made sure raspbmc is publishing zeronconf, and it is detected on the network by the remote, but when trying to connect, I get this error:
Code:
Error downloading http://10.0.026:9981/jsonrpc - server replied: Not found
That IP address is my Raspberry Pi. What is jsonrpc?
Hmm... That seems a bug... I have used it last week with openelec on raspberry pi and it was working fine. Probably there are additional services registered in the raspbmc packages. If you have it running anyways, you can send me the log output while you have the connection dialog open so I don't have to reflash my RPi.

I'd be willing to try this, but I'm not sure if I'd actually be helpful, as I have no coding skills and have never done this before. Would have to dig deeper into this swamp, but not sure I wanna, if it's only to find out that the task at hand surpasses my abilities...
If you want to give it a shot, here's the full howto: http://wiki.maemo.org/Uploading_to_Extras

However, you don't need most of it. The minimum is an account and permission to upload to extras-devel and the Nokia Qt SDK. Check out Xbmcremotes source code, open it in Qt Creator and follow the "Publish Application" wizard. Then upload the result to https://garage.maemo.org/extras-assistant/index.php

If that works out for you, the responsibility would be to test upcoming versions on Maemo5 and update the version numbers and changelogs for this platform before creating and uploading the package.

If you think you can manage this but are stuck with some problem somewhere, feel free to drop me a mail and ask for help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
A small request - if possible:

can you add another button for the right most menu that runs the toggle fullscreen of the XBMC window (like pressing '\' key on the keyboard)?

it happens sometimes that it does not open full screen and the only way to make it one is to go to the keyboard and press this key.

I switched to OpenELEC because there is a custom build by Rbej that supports usb hotplugging.
Xbmcremote successfully connects to this one via Zeroconf, very quickly!
Now, the next obstacle: music titles view is not shown in Xbmcremote
here's the output from terminal:
http://pastie.org/7676197

When I click on "titles" on XBMC itself on the Raspberry Pi, it also takes several minutes to load the list. I guess there must be something wrong with that in the first place.
However, after the RPi finally gets there, Xbmcremote *never* catches up: I gave it like several hours, but the titles list just remains empty.
This problem does not occur with albums, artists, etc., only titles.
The RPi/OpenELEC retrieves my music collection from an NAS via UPnP. The collection is large, but I'm sure nothing out of the ordinary, and a modern media player like XBMC should easily handle much larger libraries. Where is your RPi fetching the music files from?
I'm thinking maybe I should just try a SMB share...

Edit: this time it actually worked, some minutes after I posted this. I added the output to the paste.
Each title is shown 11(!) times in the list though. Some albums are also in the list multiple times. Some more output:
http://pastie.org/7676851

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2013-04-21 at 14:39.

I switched to OpenELEC because there is a custom build by Rbej that supports usb hotplugging.
Xbmcremote successfully connects to this one via Zeroconf, very quickly!
Now, the next obstacle: music titles view is not shown in Xbmcremote
here's the output from terminal:
http://pastie.org/7676197

When I click on "titles" on XBMC itself on the Raspberry Pi, it also takes several minutes to load the list. I guess there must be something wrong with that in the first place.
However, after the RPi finally gets there, Xbmcremote *never* catches up: I gave it like several hours, but the titles list just remains empty.
This problem does not occur with albums, artists, etc., only titles.
The RPi/OpenELEC retrieves my music collection from an NAS via UPnP. The collection is large, but I'm sure nothing out of the ordinary, and a modern media player like XBMC should easily handle much larger libraries. Where is your RPi fetching the music files from?
I'm thinking maybe I should just try a SMB share...

Edit: this time it actually worked, some minutes after I posted this. I added the output to the paste.
Each title is shown 11(!) times in the list though. Some albums are also in the list multiple times. Some more output:
http://pastie.org/7676851
Hi,

Thanks for reporting. The combination of the slow raspberry pi and a huge library will always need a huge amount of time for loading. However, I've changed the code to download chunks of 200 titles which should at least let you start browsing while its still loading. If you could build current git master and let me know how it works for you it would be great.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Hi, this looks like a bug in latest available version (1.3.0) for N9.
The buttons in red square (See attached image) are not working.
I am on XBMC 12.1 and N9 PR1.3.
Attached Images