Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I've uploaded OpenGFX to extras-devel. This is the "Free Graphics Replacement" project, and will allow you to play OpenTTD without any non-free files. See http://wiki.openttd.org/Graphics_Replacement .

It won't appear in the application manager though, since my objective is that future OpenTTD versions will silently depend on it, so you can at least launch OpenTTD without any commercial files installed. For now you must install them with apt-get or downloading opengfx_0.1.0alpha4.2_all.deb. You must have openttd (or at least openttd-data) installed.

And btw, you can switch between original or open graphics in the game options screen.

Last edited by javispedro; 2009-07-02 at 00:31. Reason: url fixes

I uploaded a newer, much completer OpenGFX to extras-devel. Many thanks to upstream; they released a newer version this month (it's been nearly half a year!)

If you used the previous OpenGFX you'll need to purge it before upgrading!! (my fault ) ("dpkg --purge --force-all opengfx" as root). Won't happen with the newer version or if not installed to card, I promise .

I also uploaded OpenTTD to fremantle extras, now that I finally decided to install the SDK. Both versions from now on will come from the same source package.

(BTW, OpenTTD 0.7.2 soon, hope to get kinetic scrolling debugged by then).

I broke my promise: again, you'll have to purge OpenGFX before upgrading to the latest OpenTTD in extras-devel (and which I plan to finally move to normal extras soon, since I think I got the scrolling bug fixed).

The reason is that OpenGFX is now packaged as "openttd-opengfx", since I am now following the Fedora packaging (the only distro that is packaging OpenGFX too).
An important change is that the source package for openttd-opengfx now contains actual sprite sources and not the final data package, which means ideally in the future I'll be able to make patches for Fremantle to contain bigger graphics.

Of course, with this update, OpenTTD in extras-devel (and soon extras) can now work without any of the non-free files. It can still work with the non-free files, if you want, of course.

Last edited by javispedro; 2009-09-06 at 12:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Loving the kinetic scrolling, though still jumps occasionally when I begin dragging. Also, seems to open twice and close one when you launch, and opens/closes instantly when you maximise/minimise (am I making sense?).

Again, well done and thanks for an awesome addition to the tablets

The Following User Says Thank You to Cadabena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
This is the first game that i will be install when i get my own Nokia N900 in this week

I dont really know where i should put my bug report.
so...i'll put it here:

some windows wouldnt close in game.

windows like: city info; factory info; the music player...

pretty annoying...

Originally Posted by Slunge View Post
I dont really know where i should put my bug report.
It's clearly specified in the package QA page, which you should have checked :
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?fu...=874&atid=3286

some windows wouldnt close in game.

windows like: city info; factory info; the music player...
This is a stylus game, you can't hit them with your fingers.

Last edited by javispedro; 2009-12-23 at 22:46.

I know it is a stylus game.
the weird think is that some windows i can close. Also the little pin on the upper right of a window works fine...it just doesnt close.

I know it is a stylus game.
the weird think is that some windows i can close. Also the little pin on the upper right of a window works fine...it just doesnt close.
This may sound stupid... but try calibrating the screen, or just pressing a bit harder, or just moving the windows to the center of the screen before closing them. The screen is both less precise and less sensitive in the corners.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much!

That was the trick!

Thanks for the great game!

Tags
games, openttd, port, sdl