Notices

Hi guys, I thought i'd add this for the google searches.

It is one of the solutions to get prismic going again, and possibly other python depended applications that are glitching out. I have only tested this on prismic so far. Other apps might require other python apps, if you are having python problems just add them to the apt-get install python-filename in terminal (see below).

There is a problem with the current (as of 29th sept 2010) prismic wallpaper application with pr1.2 especially (but not only) if you have nitdroid installed. Earlier versions of the n900 might not have this issue, but I know some australian versions are having problems. Can be a pain especially if the maemo repos are down. I have posted these steps on another site also.

If you are new to linux, make sure to open app manager and download rootsh from maemo extras.

Open terminal and type:

sudo gainroot

You need to also install in this order (otherwise hildon glitches out):

apt-get install gnome-python
apt-get install python-all
apt-get install python-xml
apt-get install python-osso
apt-get install python-gtk2
apt-get install python-dbus
apt-get install python-hildon

From here you can navigate using filebrowser on your n900 to the location of prismic install .deb file and click on it to install prismic sucessfully. Alternatively you can terminal your way through to installing it using dpkg -i prismicfilename.deb

Last edited by komatosis; 2010-09-29 at 09:40.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to komatosis For This Useful Post: