Originally Posted by qgil View Post
If someone has a good reason to keep it that translates into concrete results (Extras apps, bugzilla work...) then please send me an email explaining the reasons.
I don't suppose you have an N810W I could borrow for a month or so for testing community kernel/initfs flashing?

Back on topic, I managed to dig out my copy of the agreement. Can you confirm that all I need to do is ship the "Product(s) and all Accompanying Material" to:

Code:
Terhi Nousu
P.O. BOX 226
FIN-00045 NOKIA GROUP
(presumably in Finland)?

I assume I should at least include my name somewhere for tracking purposes. Anything else?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
What's the deadline? I knew this day was coming, but I'm very sad to see this device go. I'm sure most summit attendees will try to justify having it so I won't bother begging. Thank you Nokia for the loan, this was a truly remarkable device, my only problem with it (sometimes) was the battery life.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
What's the deadline?
Must be delivered to Nokia by the 30th of April.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by lma View Post
I don't suppose you have an N810W I could borrow for a month or so for testing community kernel/initfs flashing?
I don't, sorry.

(presumably in Finland)?
Yes, the info is contained in the postal standard "FIN-00045" (I wondered about a similar code some years ago, long live modernity).

I assume I should at least include my name somewhere for tracking purposes. Anything else?
That's it, thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
OT: What's the use to Nokia of getting back all these old devices that are used? Presumably the admin cost of getting them back and storing them is going to be more than their value? And it's not like they can sell them off on eBay or something... is it?!
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
OT: What's the use to Nokia of getting back all these old devices that are used? Presumably the admin cost of getting them back and storing them is going to be more than their value? And it's not like they can sell them off on eBay or something... is it?!
they're going to developers.
like Quim and I said already in this very thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=599183&postcount=5
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=10

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
I just hope mine goes to a developer that makes something out of it, since I need to stop developing for Fremantle now.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@zehjotkah - apologies - post 5 did cover this...and i did read the whole thread before posting... lazy eyes meets lazy brain.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
I just hope mine goes to a developer that makes something out of it, since I need to stop developing for Fremantle now.
Why do you need to stop? If you are developing with and and releasing stuff then talk to Nokia they might let you keep it.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
I do wonder why Nokia does not just give people DHL company id so everyone with loan device could just use their service to send n900 at Nokia's cost.

It is just 9 digits and FN-Logistics address... At least it worked that way when I was sending my N900 (from DDP) for replacement.