Active Topics

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London
I'm sure it's something obvious to most decent geeks but I guess I'm just not geeky enough.

I've tried the package suggested by qwerty12 but I can't make it work, I suspect I have the syntax wrong but I can't figure out where or how. I did manage to get into "root" Busybox or whatever it's called, but I couldn't make it run the a.out.gz package.

Next I downloaded "John the ripper" and tried to crack the thing from there. I did succeed in getting all those options but when I enter the "John crackme.txt" it politely informs me that john is not a recognised command or file or whatever.

Would someone be kind enough to help me figure out;

1) What the correct syntax is to run the a.out.gz package?
2) What I've done wrong with "John"?

or

3) What the infernal lock code is!

The hash code I have is

n900:lWki8yzuDks4

Many thanks.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by dragonteeth View Post
The hash code I have is

n900:lWki8yzuDks4
This syntax is wrong, please open root terminal and run:

Code:
echo root:$(grep -A 13 lock_code /dev/mtd1|tail -1):

Ok, I'm sorry I added N900 instead of the word "root" for my own reference.

root:lWki8yzuDks4

Hope that clears up the problem.

please decrypt this code for me

HhrilLnqsoeFEABC

Thanks

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
dragonteeth & cute khan1, it says those are not valid hashes. Did you copy/paste or type it in manually? Maybe there was a typo.

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
dragonteeth & cute khan1, it says those are not valid hashes. Did you copy/paste or type it in manually? Maybe there was a typo.
Well I obviously can't copy and paste from the phone to the computer but I did check and double check the original post, performed the process again from scratch as above and just completed it a fourth time with exactly the same result, so I'm confident that I am typing the code as it appears from the unit.

lWki8yzuDks4

I understand that the part BEFORE the COLON is not relevant, so I've removed that entirely above. The only other thing I can think of is that the first character is a lower case "L" and clearly not an UPPER CASE "i" nor a NUMBER 1.

I can think of no other reason there would be an issue.

I'm sorry you are having difficulty, if there's any thing else I can try please do let me know.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Well I obviously can't copy and paste from the phone to the computer but I did check and double check the original post, performed the process again from scratch as above and just completed it a fourth time with exactly the same result, so I'm confident that I am typing the code as it appears from the unit.

lWki8yzuDks4

I understand that the part BEFORE the COLON is not relevant, so I've removed that entirely above. The only other thing I can think of is that the first character is a lower case "L" and clearly not an UPPER CASE "i" nor a NUMBER 1.

I can think of no other reason there would be an issue.

I'm sorry you are having difficulty, if there's any thing else I can try please do let me know.
The code should be exactly 13 characters... the one you've given is only 12...

Originally Posted by jedi View Post
The code should be exactly 13 characters... the one you've given is only 12...
Thank you jedi, in which case it is possible that I'm misunderstanding or misreading the output, it's possible that the additional character is a "dot", so that the code should read

lWki8yzuDks4.

Does that resolve the issue?

I am most grateful for your assistance and understanding, and I really appreciate your help.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Thank you jedi, in which case it is possible that I'm misunderstanding or misreading the output, it's possible that the additional character is a "dot", so that the code should read

lWki8yzuDks4.

Does that resolve the issue?

I am most grateful for your assistance and understanding, and I really appreciate your help.
Looks better... your code is probably 830124

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Looks better... your code is probably 830124
It was indeed!

Thank you so much!

Tags
devicelock, nokia n900