After hexediting all facebook youtube videos works again. Also streetview on google maps is working

I'm curious, how did you determine which hex values are responsible for flash version?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
I'm curious, how did you determine which hex values are responsible for flash version?
I saw it from "tweakflashver" package's source code. What is the string to find and replace (It's for me).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sta_rik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
It worked thank you so much sEKI !
Attached Images

NOW TEAMVIEWER ON N900 WORKING,

Looking here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...50#post1280250

Last edited by mailcomx; 2012-10-14 at 13:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mailcomx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i am trying to run team viewer on my n900 i changed the version with hexedit but now team viewer page says you need to chang the settings of your flash player and gives me this link

plz help me

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Lima, Peru
[QUOTE=samipower;1279682]add this information in first post in first page

[QUOTE=gkhnkrts7;1277160]
Originally Posted by sEKI View Post
I know this has been all said on the last few pages but I just though I'll pull it all together in single noob (hopefully!) friendly post...

So, in order to have flash player v10.1 working with youtube and embeded facebook videos here's what I did:

1. Remove old flash player, type in terminal as root (OPTIONAL):
Code:
apt-get remove --purge adobe-flashplayer
2. Download new version from (link provided by pinochio):
Flash Player v10.1.98.88

3. Install Flash using:
Code:
dpkg -i /path/to/adobe-flashplayer-10.deb
4. Bump the version up by faking it through hexediting:
I've used hexedit available for n900 which you can get with this command:
Code:
apt-get install hexedit
type this to hexedit libflashplayer.so:
Code:
hexedit /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
5. Once in Hexedit, press CTRL+S and type in 31302e31 and press enter, the string you've just found need to be changed to 31322e31

6. Now, press CTRL+S, type "y" and search for 31302c31 and change it to 31322c31

7.Press CTRL+S then "y" again.

Close terminal and enjoy new faked v12.1.98.88 flash player
Please What "hexedit" is available for N900?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by gkhnkrts7 View Post

Edit file on a PC (preferably linux). Don't know what hex editors for Windows/mac, must be plenty though..

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
[QUOTE=emotion;1281549][QUOTE=samipower;1279682]add this information in first post in first page

Originally Posted by gkhnkrts7 View Post

yes it is available for n900

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
tks a lot sEKI.. works flawless.. tks a lot

and the lol factor..

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Wait, people have known about this for some time?
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
For srs? This happened, and there wasn't an emergency council decision to, idk, mass-e-mail every single person who has an e-mail account attached to this forum?

I could've had this on my N900s a whole ten days ago, and I just find out now?
Well, Council was aware of it for about half of a year. Initially (~first two weeks), there were good reasons to no make it widely known* (and I know what I'm talking about, as I was one who informed rest of Councilors about this "hidden" release).

But, why it wasn't properly announced later, is beyond me. Well, probably, Council was too occupied by writing two pages of bylaws, during 5 months I bet that - of course - official bullsh|t statement from Council, is going to look something like "we waited for Nokia answer about it for last 5 months, but those bastards never responded".

Well, after all, Councilors had access to it already - why they should care for "little people" here... Say "hi" to great practices of Maemo's Council A.D 2012. Enjoy more from soon-to-be Board.

I knew, that sooner or later, someone will just drop link to TMO. But, as I'm already declared as total opposition of what current Council represent, I didn't wanted to do it - and then, become accused of "sabotaging" Council's efforts / gaining popularity, by publishing highly demanded package (found, in fact, by someone else).

/Estel

// Edit

And yes, I know that I'm gonna get trolled for this post. Oh, well.

*Pinochio doesn't have anything to do with this "release" - he just posted here link, that was floating for quite some time. Original finder was someone not-to-bright, who was afraid to install it on own device, and "spammed" few people on IRC with link to it, and questions, about it being "virus free" (or something like that).

I was one of people that got this link, initially, and I've informed rest of Councilors [I was Councilor, then - everything happened just after last election]. This file was present on some Nokia's internal repo - by mistake, or, on purpose, left with access open to everyone.

in the meantime, Pali, and other knowledgeable folks, mirrored whole gigabytes of data from this repo, and ensured, that there are no similar ones on such domain + if there is anything else interesting, sleeping there. Unfortunately, everything else was already available from other sources - flash 10 was only interesting thing.

As you can see, it was important to keep it secret, initially - Nokians could still shut down the repos, if it would become widely known fact. We waited for guys, that were mirroring it, and searching for other "vaults".

Just a little while later I stepped down from Council. Despite that, few times, I've marked need for announcing it properly - both in private conversations with Councilors, and other people. Unfortunately, to no avail.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-18 at 22:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update