Active Topics

Ok Qole, I can confirm that lxlauncher works great from within LXDE, but throws a 'Segmentation fault' if attempted from within chroot in Hildon. Just 2 issues:

1)If you run it from a terminal, every app you start with lxlauncher will close if you close the terminal.

2)If you run it from the 'run' dialog, there's no way to close it without logging out or running xkill from a terminal.

I still see a use for it on the tablet. Would be great if it would work from chroot. Any ideas on that, or how to autostart it when you launch LXDE?

One other app that works great is postr for Flickr uploading. It's slow to pull in a folder of pics of any size, but uploads to Flickr great once it does.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by samhogue View Post
One other app that works great is postr for Flickr uploading. It's slow to pull in a folder of pics of any size, but uploads to Flickr great once it does.
I mentioned postr just a few posts ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
The way to autostart apps in Lxde has been covered here: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...6&postcount=19
Briefly, you go in your debian chroot and edit /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
I did it to edit the original Qole's xmodmap and load the Italian keyboard - and works.
Good luck for the launcher!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Just for fun, I shut down hildon-desktop and matchbox-window-manager, then started Debian LXDE instead of matchbox. It works fine, and I can start hildon apps in it (eg osso-xterm, browser, etc), but I'd like to be able to add a hildon app launcher of some sort to my desktop, as well as the hildon status bar, the one at the top that lets you connect to networks etc... but when I try to add these to LXDE, the status bar works, but it appears in the middle of my screen, and the menu / task bar doesn't work right (the menu won't stay open). I wonder if I can get the Hildon taskbar icons to appear on a Debian status bar?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
hordeman: get the Debian Chroot prompt and type
Code:
apt-get -f install
See if that fixes things. Hopefully, you're not just out of space. If so, you're most likely hosed, and you'll have to start again with a fresh file system.
Yes, that helped get things going again, but you're probably right about the space issues. It started going again, but then it stopped after a couple more packages.

Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
Man, I couldn't get Amarok to work on my tablet. It hangs with 100% cpu usage immediately after opening. If I remember correctly, the terminal traceback was something like shm.c open() failed. A Google search of that error didn't help...
Bummer. If it's not working, then it's not worth my time to try. I just want to plug in my MTP MP3 player device and sync files.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Hi, I tried to install audacious player (in Easy Debian, Lxde environment) but it keep giving me 'segmentation fault'. Finally, I got to remove 'audacious-plugin-extras' to make it work. In case you got the same problem, try this solution.

I also tried to install 'Volume Control' plugin to the Lxde panel, and it starts to hang the panel -- blank, nothing shown, and cpu consistently busy (even after reboot). I finally removed it manually by editing the file ~/.config/lxde/openbox/lxde-rc.xml to get the panel back in action. Don't try to install this plugin unless someone got the solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to pton For This Useful Post:
StarDict 3.0.1: This version installs properly, but it seems to have problem with the Cache feature enabled. It would just hang on startup. To resolve this, I got to disable this feature from the set-up (you have to manually remove all *.oft files from your dic directory manually if the program does not startup). Also, I can't get the 'Sound' feature working (realpeople voice, espeak or festival TTS). NVM.

Compared to Maemo v2.4.8, v3 has babylon format support, and you can organize dictionaries into different groups.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Just for fun, I shut down hildon-desktop and matchbox-window-manager, then started Debian LXDE instead of matchbox. It works fine, and I can start hildon apps in it (eg osso-xterm, browser, etc), but I'd like to be able to add a hildon app launcher of some sort to my desktop, as well as the hildon status bar, the one at the top that lets you connect to networks etc... but when I try to add these to LXDE, the status bar works, but it appears in the middle of my screen, and the menu / task bar doesn't work right (the menu won't stay open). I wonder if I can get the Hildon taskbar icons to appear on a Debian status bar?
Does lxde (and debian apps) run faster?

Tags
debian, deblet, easy debian