Notices

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i had battery issue back in 0.5 i think, but now 0.8 from apps4meego is working good, though can't tell about lit yet as hav't tried

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
My post was asking how I could find my waze password because I lost it. It wasn't a feature request.

I'm glad it was unencrypted at the time I'll try not to forget my password again because i don't think I will be able to sniff it on the network or grab it from the config now.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
People that installed the v0.0.8 for N9 from apps4meego: can you please verify if there is a bug in the battery status detection (always think less than 30%) + screen not stay lit (Not stays lit even when enabled in the configuration)?
I've not experienced either bug yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
My post was asking how I could find my waze password because I lost it. It wasn't a feature request.

I'm glad it was unencrypted at the time I'll try not to forget my password again because i don't think I will be able to sniff it on the network or grab it from the config now.

It is not encrypted in the config file and it will stay that way :P (Network is secured with SSL)

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
@gianko - its your turn. please install from the following link and follow the instructions: http://code.google.com/p/waze-qt/issues/detail?id=5

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Done. Here is the result:
Code:
~ $ /opt/waze/bin/waze 
Start 
14:28:52.830 s..debug.. ../waze/qt/roadmap_device.cc, line 50 roadmap_backlight_initialize() - Current setting : no     [File: '../waze/qt/roadmap_device.cc'; Line: 50]
14:28:52.832 s..debug.. ../waze/qt/roadmap_device.cc, line 81 roadmap_set_backlight() - Current setting : no    [File: '../waze/qt/roadmap_device.cc'; Line: 81]
14:28:52.835 s..debug.. ../waze/roadmap_power.c, line 97 Starting the periodic for power. Period: 30000. 	[File: '../waze/roadmap_power.c'; Line: 97]
14:28:52.859 s..debug.. ../waze/roadmap_map_settings.c, line 116 intialiazing map settings 	[File: '../waze/roadmap_map_settings.c'; Line: 116]
14:28:52.862 s..debug.. ../waze/roadmap_download_settings.c, line 85 intialiazing map settings 	[File: '../waze/roadmap_download_settings.c'; Line: 85]
../waze/qt/qt_main.cc : 124  BAD 
14:28:54.957 sInfo ---> ../waze/qt/qt_main.cc, line 128 main thread id: 1132082896  	[File: '../waze/qt/qt_main.cc'; Line: 128]
Segmentation fault

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
People that installed the v0.0.8 for N9 from apps4meego: can you please verify if there is a bug in the battery status detection (always think less than 30%) + screen not stay lit (Not stays lit even when enabled in the configuration)?
I have v0.08 from apps4meego, it often tells me there is less than 20% battery on startup and asks if I want to exit Waze.

The back light seems to stay lit when enabled in the configuration, although an "auto" mode would be great; back light on when on charge, otherwise obey phone setting.

I often get this as well:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi
Today I got 3 time the same error on the black screen "WAZE is not responding" - close "YES" and "NO"..
I always pressed "NO" and it has continued to work..

The Following User Says Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
i tried to run waze with wifi disabled and i got a long message...
Attached Files
File Type: txt FilePerWazeMaemo.txt (6.3 KB, 83 views)

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
the close app: yes or no — is not related to waze it think, i have those sometimes with twitter and other apps. i think it's just load CPU on start that's hy we get this error. So as i know the aim to rewrite whole thing to Qt and i bet it would be easier than to optimize and it would be more light than it is now. so just give it a time

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Two days ago i navigated something like 15 min without any messages about battery or "NOT responding".. The screen stay lit, but it's always play with auto-brightness..
Can you adding option for disable auto-brightness when WAZE navigate ?