haha its a joke, every where you looked there was "unlimited internet" logos posted over every phone tarrif! ridiculous claim! escpecially since they have let some people out of their contracts, there by accepting responsibility, but now they're not? its sick!

I have been contacted today by a guy called Andrew from CS, gave me options:

1) Cancel contract - Keep phone - get pac code

2) Take a new 12 month contract out, reduce my bill by £15 a month and give me 1.5gb data

3) Take a new contract (new phone) with reduced rates and 1.5gb data.

I chose option 1... I have already received my PAC code, and i'm out!

Good luck guys!

Does anyone have a number I can contact them on, I haven't had a reply to my letter.

191 just seems to put me through to Indian call centre which are worse than useless. I need to speak to someone in the UK who can understand my problem!

I sent emails to the following:

'guy.laurence@vodafone.com'
'vittorio.colao@vodafone.com'
'vodafonedirectorsoffice@vodafone.com'
'ccare.webmails@help.vodafone.co.uk'

Eventually they got in touch, by the snds of what Andrew was saying to me, they (by law) have to get in touch with people before the 1st October

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by kevinm2k View Post
I have been contacted today by a guy called Andrew from CS, gave me options:

1) Cancel contract - Keep phone - get pac code

2) Take a new 12 month contract out, reduce my bill by £15 a month and give me 1.5gb data

3) Take a new contract (new phone) with reduced rates and 1.5gb data.

I chose option 1... I have already received my PAC code, and i'm out!

Good luck guys!
What was the £15 cheaper a month deal? ... I was offered a £17.50 per month 12 month contract with 300 mins "unlimited" texts and 1.5GB usage ... I'd like to stay with Vodafone (I know I'm nuts, but they do have good coverage where I live!) but I'm really not sure this is a good deal ... still would save me lots of money!

ETA ... I was told that vodafone are calling Everyone effected by these new charges to offer them the three get out of contract offers ... not just those of us who sent letters ... I was a little incredulous, but the bloke who contacted me seemed to believe it ...

Last edited by EmmaGx; 2010-09-27 at 13:10.

In case this hasn't already been posted.....

http://www.bitterwallet.com/vodafone...contract/34042

I couldn t be arsed to cancel so i called them up and asked for 1GB allowance and thats that, will think twice about signing up for anymore contracts with skodafone, the useless tw@ts

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
sent off me letter a week ago exactly sent 3 emails to the 3 addresses posted about 30 pages back with an attachment of the letter,
recived a email saying it had been forwarded to the right department,
and 10mins ago i got a text with me PAC code lol didnt speak to no 1 recived no other letters or notifications but the last 5 month my bill increase was %75 at least so i think i was sucking them dry lol.
any 1 got any good payg deals in the uk do ya know ive heard there is actually some unlimited internet opt out monnthly contracts gona start looking now cheers for all the advise on this thread im very pleased

ive orded a giffgaff sim £10pm goodybag thats me sorted

Last edited by stooobs; 2010-09-27 at 17:02. Reason: nice deal

Just got home. Got a text earlier today with my PAC code in it. Woohoo!

Now to decide where to switch to. Giffgaff do look pretty good.

On a more cynical not , I had another text about an hour before that one, which says my bill is now due for the month. It IS the right time for it to be generated I suppose, but you gotta laugh at the coincidence in timing there. Oh well, I don't mind. I have 30 days to look for the best sim only deal I can find

text with my PAC code at lunchtimne - WOOO

happy bunny!

same here, pac code at lunchtime
no confirmation letter or email saying contract was cancelled (yet) just the pac code
but I'm smiling - a long battle but worth it in the end

Tags
vodafone con