Active Topics

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
Wondering if there's a way to install Nemo Mobile with MultiRom.

I've installed MultiROM Manager from the play store on my device, which is fantastic! Makes multi boot on the Nexus 7 very easy.

Even I managed to build and install a multi-rom image for PlasmaActive, so it should be possible to do the same for Nemo Mobile.

But I have no glue how....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I installed the Plasma Active image on my Nexus 7 last weekend, but it indeed is a bit wobbly. I asked about it on the #active channel but curiously got no replies at all

09:09 < juiceme> hi. I've got a newbie question concerning plasma active on nexus 7
09:11 < juiceme> I tried it yesterday, installed plasma-active-armv7hl-google-nexus7-devel-2013-07-06.tar.gz which I think is the latest release, dated 07-Jul-2013 01:17
09:13 < juiceme> How is the stability supposed to be on that, as I my rig booted a couple of times in the about an hour I played around with it.

Lucky I remembered that there was some talk about it her too...

So, what is the best option here, is there a more stable PA image available, or is it possible to install Nemo on it?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I installed the Plasma Active image on my Nexus 7 last weekend, but it indeed is a bit wobbly. I asked about it on the #active channel but curiously got no replies at all

09:09 < juiceme> hi. I've got a newbie question concerning plasma active on nexus 7
09:11 < juiceme> I tried it yesterday, installed plasma-active-armv7hl-google-nexus7-devel-2013-07-06.tar.gz which I think is the latest release, dated 07-Jul-2013 01:17
09:13 < juiceme> How is the stability supposed to be on that, as I my rig booted a couple of times in the about an hour I played around with it.

Lucky I remembered that there was some talk about it her too...

So, what is the best option here, is there a more stable PA image available, or is it possible to install Nemo on it?
You can get the latest plasma active images from files.kde.org:
http://files.kde.org/plasma/active/4.0/images/nexus7/

Just in case, for installation instructions I wrote a blog post about that some time ago:
http://ruedigergad.com/2013/09/09/pl...and-archos-g9/

I actually don't know if someone else is working on keeping the PA Nexus7 images up-to-date.
Unfortunately, I only have very limited time these days and thus, sadly, cannot put much, if any, effort into this.

Iirc, thp succeeded in getting Nemomobile running on the Nexus7.
I don't know the current state of this but afaik his approach was using libhybris and builds on top of CyanogenMod instead of using the pretty old nvidia drivers etc. as the PA images still do.
Perspectively, I think, using libhybris should be the better way.
But this is just a very wild guess; as said, I don't know anything about the current state of this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Thanks, @Wonko Now writing this on my Nexus7/MER ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
You can get the latest plasma active images from files.kde.org:
http://files.kde.org/plasma/active/4.0/images/nexus7/

Just in case, for installation instructions I wrote a blog post about that some time ago:
http://ruedigergad.com/2013/09/09/pl...and-archos-g9/
After breaking my brain trying UBUNTU "Abandon all hope" Touch
and finding that the TILAPIA abortion croaked
before making it out the gate,
this bit of news helped me quite a bit.

It works, to some degree, very much better than UT.
3G and wifi both work
Use the

plasma-active-4-armv7hl-google-nexus7_2013-12-27_2.tar.gz

I will never buy another android phoney-cr@p again.
Maybe a watch or something but as far as Android is concerned
Google can just go play in traffic.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:

Tags
nemo mobile, nexus 7