Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
Other smartwatches have apps. If I only wanted to see the current time I already my smartphone
Most of them don't really, when it comes to OS choice the smartwatch market is incredibly diverse and so having large third-party app catalogs doesn't really work.

I personally view them more as features rather than apps anyway, as they tend to be fairly basic one-hit-wonders which will be easy to develop for Asteroid (C++/Python/QML, sailfishos like middleware), theres already a couple of sailfish fitness timer apps I was thinking of porting.

Of course the whole purpose of a smartwatch is more than telling the time, i have a normal watch for that and it has a battery life measured in years.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
Other smartwatches have apps. If I only wanted to see the current time I already my smartphone
If I only wanted to use apps, I already have my smartphone :P

I already have a Pebble. While it is a little bit of fun to have plenty of apps, in practice, I barely use them. There are indeed a few basics apps but no need for tons, as far as I am concerned. Notifications, alarms and music control is what I mostly use (99.5% of the time). And time of course ;-). Even up-to-date weather or health monitoring which is considered basics for some is not important to me.

Please back it so that I have my connect watch :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
I backed this! I hope it gets funded but so far it does not look that promising...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peccelius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Half an hour left and only 54% backed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
No battery specs? I am skeptical that a Qt powered watch would last even a week.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
No battery specs? I am skeptical that a Qt powered watch would last even a week.
The prototype I saw was claimed to have about 4-5 days worth of battery life running Asteroid OS, and this was without any serious battery life tuning.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
hahaha, hohoho, you really think java watch have better battery life? Qt == C++ => the greatest power efficiency ever.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Unfortunatly they didn't reach their funding goal.

It could have been the watch I've been looking for. Hope they'll make it anyway.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcoder For This Useful Post: