Active Topics

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
I installed recently nemo on my n900 and it looks pretty cool, but I have some questions!

First of all I was thinking of making a greek version of nemo, as I am from Greece but I didn't know from where to start (I know it is not something useful for everyone but maybe there will be more languges for nemo after this...).

I would also love to know the following things:
After checking the wiki page I have seen this:
X11/Qt4
Support for X11/Qt4 images ended with its latest release in June 2013.
So basically this means that there will be no further updates for n900, or there will be a try for wayland on n900? (I have seen a start on other post...)

After all in what state is now nemo and what are the things that you guys work on and maybe how can I help(in my free time ) in this project?

P.S:I am not a programmer, but I like to learn more about programming and stuff! I also know a little to use photoshop.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Work on wayland for the N900 started but most of the people knowledgeable enough either don't have N900's anymore, or are too busy to keep working on it. However I don't lose hope about it, we might be able to cook up something.

We are now working on the new Nemo UI, Glacier (http://play.qwazix.com/grog/) and we definitely need more contributors. Pop up in the #nemomobile channel on freenode so we can get you up to date. Still lots of non-programming stuff to be done.

I don't know much about where the localization files of nemo system are but this could be of some help on where to start http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtd...alization.html

Before starting to translate applications though, we also need a Greek keyboard layout which IMO is more important right now.

Καλό βράδυ!

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Work on wayland for the N900 started but most of the people knowledgeable enough either don't have N900's anymore, or are too busy to keep working on it. However I don't lose hope about it, we might be able to cook up something.

We are now working on the new Nemo UI, Glacier (http://play.qwazix.com/grog/) and we definitely need more contributors. Pop up in the #nemomobile channel on freenode so we can get you up to date. Still lots of non-programming stuff to be done.

I don't know much about where the localization files of nemo system are but this could be of some help on where to start http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtd...alization.html

Before starting to translate applications though, we also need a Greek keyboard layout which IMO is more important right now.

Καλό βράδυ!
Thanks for the info
I would really love to test anything on my n900 (I want so much a n9, but I can't afford it right now... ) and see if something new will come to n900 as well

By the way, I had checked your page with the ui and I have to admit that it is absolutely beautiful! I hope that we will see it in real action soon!

Maybe I will log in to freenode and see what's going on there and how can I help ;D

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I will hopefully be online tomorrow, health permitting cause I came down with a terrible flu, ping me on IRC. Even of I'm not there though there always is a bunch of incredibly helpful people.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob