Good find. Might have to get it when someone hawks their brand new one on ebay. Doesn't appear as if Orange'll pick it up (they've been so slow, historically with N series devices).

The Orange - T-Mobile merger in the UK is going to be very interesting. It's a good year plus from the merging of product lines etc. though, and that's if the regulator approves it.

One of the another reason for living in USA sucks. LOL

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
One of the another reason for living in USA sucks. LOL
dude you don't even know half of i live in Nigeria and i had to order my N810 from the US (thru a friend i paid for the cost of shipping which is like + $150) now think am gonna do same for N900 and you don't want be to talk about the exchange rate now that is another story. can we trade places ? please

My Blog

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
When I tried to get my Xperia X1 it refused on a free contract (failed the credit rating) but went through once I chose a slightly different contract where I had to pay £40 for it instead.

I am hoping T-Mobile will offer the N900 directly in the UK as that way I can upgrade my contract with them and get the N900 on that. Technically its not run out but they said you can upgrade any time as you simply lose your loyalty discount (which is for extending a contract without getting a new handset).

The bummer is my contract with O2 and the X1 does not run out until May so I would have a ton of minutes, texts and free Internet with it that would not be in use, bit of a waste of money. But the X1 really was a huge let down and the N900 is FINALLY looking to be what the X1 was meant to deliver.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by richie View Post
T-mobiles plan say the include unlimited web, but then say a £1 a day and not clear if you can use their wifi hotspots.
If you don't have web included on your monthly plan (or if you are on pay-as-you-go), T-mobile UK charges £1 per day but only for the days that you use the internet.

If you have web included on a monthly plan (e.g. the "Unlimited mobile web" shown on some of the N900 plans) then there's no £1 per day charge.

Access to T-mobile's WiFi hot spots is not included. I think it's £10 per month extra if you want to add this to a monthly plan.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post

Access to T-mobile's WiFi hot spots is not included. I think it's £10 per month extra if you want to add this to a monthly plan.
If you have WnWalk, its free.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
im in the usa so hearing its free on contract when i preordered it 4 588 US KINDA SUCKS. Tmobile usa stop playing games and get this phone.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
I think these rates and price could put it in the mass market category... now will there be enough apps to satisfy the unclean masses

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
This is great news all round!!

I think I may go for whoever can offer the best data plan, so I can stream Last.fm - assuming Last.fm allow API access for Maemo 5 version. They allowed it on N8x0 as it is not a mobile phone device, N900 is...

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Faz View Post
This is great news all round!!

I think I may go for whoever can offer the best data plan, so I can stream Last.fm - assuming Last.fm allow API access for Maemo 5 version. They allowed it on N8x0 as it is not a mobile phone device, N900 is...
Mobbler works fine on S60, cant see any reason why it wont on the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:

Tags
contract, n900