Active Topics

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to locusf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by locusf View Post
I've been helped before by Sailors of Jolla. Its possible that I'd get help at some point, but its probably not likely at this stage.
well i dont refer only to jolla employeers (that have done so much, loving you guys) but also other developers on the scene. there were some of them who take off the boat just for sailfish being not opensource,so here it can be built an alternative and maybe they would be glad to join

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
well i dont refer only to jolla employeers (that have done so much, loving you guys) but also other developers on the scene. there were some of them who take off the boat just for sailfish being not opensource,so here it can be built an alternative and maybe they would be glad to join
We shall see, but unless word gets out more, its not likely that I'll be getting help (+ the code of the homescreen needs love). Mer is eg. funded by lbt and Stskeeps alone, so our core of our implementation is hanging on two guys frantically trying to keep things together.

Lets first help Mer survive, then lets focus on UI.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to locusf For This Useful Post:
The one thing that has annoyed me with Nemo/Mer in recent weeks is the switch in git host. Where I was using the github repos as a basis for everything in my GTK3 Hildon work, they now just tell you repo has moved.

As a beginner to git, this is a real PITA now having forks that need local fixes to pull in upstream changes for all projects I had already forked. The github links will also be invalid for tracing upstream information.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by locusf View Post
We shall see, but unless word gets out more, its not likely that I'll be getting help (+ the code of the homescreen needs love). Mer is eg. funded by lbt and Stskeeps alone, so our core of our implementation is hanging on two guys frantically trying to keep things together.

Lets first help Mer survive, then lets focus on UI.
Is there a paypal donation account, or bitcoin, or?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Is there a paypal donation account, or bitcoin, or?
Don't know yet, follow this thread as I've pinged both lbt and Stskeeps

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to locusf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
The one thing that has annoyed me with Nemo/Mer in recent weeks is the switch in git host. Where I was using the github repos as a basis for everything in my GTK3 Hildon work, they now just tell you repo has moved.

As a beginner to git, this is a real PITA now having forks that need local fixes to pull in upstream changes for all projects I had already forked. The github links will also be invalid for tracing upstream information.
They moved to non-git infra? (lots of options like gitlab etc, github's been going in a strange direction so not unexpected)

so i guess we can make donations to them..and a big thanks
now , lets make this thread useful. while we are waiting for two guys to reply, i invite if someone knows someone who took off the boat for that matters to inform them of this possibility. and sure, i have to invited users that have been complaining about jolla not opensourcing their great creature to join in this aim. if they are able to code, they would be happy to contribute, if they arent they would be happy to share at least some donation...coding require efforts and time, working to get money needs the same, so whoever want,in his way,can contribute.lets see how many we are

i expect that we will be an interesting number, at least as much as crowd of complaining people that i have heard until this moment. So come on guys!

Last edited by itdoesntmatt; 2015-11-21 at 17:08.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
They moved to non-git infra? (lots of options like gitlab etc, github's been going in a strange direction so not unexpected)
Still git, but now using gitlabs. Just need to do some more reading up/learning of git to fetch from new upstream.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
They moved to a self-hosted GitLab instance.

I think the main issue was GitHub being blocked in China and thus preventing some people from contributing, but I might be wrong.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: