Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Now all we need to do is to get N9 ROM and somewhat port it to N900 Dream comes true if we can.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...kFlashers.html

Do you think any of our clever community members can force install or modify it to install it on the N900?

Wouldn't that be something...to get Meego 1.2 Harmattan flashed onto our N900s..maybe it will install over the Meego DE/CE...

It is 1:06am and I have to get up at 5am for work. I must go to sleep.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Maj3stic View Post
Am I the only one noticing they went backwards this time and went for total Portrait mode with little landscape except displayed in browser?
I don t understand this portret hype either.

Anyway it looks like N9 apeals as an internet tablet

"fast not tab based full blown webpages in seperate multitask windows, not iWebpages for mobile"

even without flash.

It is a complementory device to the N900, by no means a replacement.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Originally Posted by RAZOR View Post
Portrait on screen qwerty: http://www.developer.nokia.com/swipe...and_Menus.html
from the same "site", took me some time to find the HW specs...

over and out

While on topic... any place to follow the event Tomorrow(June 21st for me) Live video or something?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Does the phone have FM Radio?

Take aways from the N9 is that it does look like a solid Nokia Hardware as usual. Also as someone already said the entire conference focused more so on the growing importance of Qt.

As for the phone I like it and hate it at the same time. No hardware keyboard without a new way of using an all touch screen seems like a step back, and in fact does not still justify the removal of one. For me, I just can't get used to an all touch paridigm something this phone pushes even more so although I can live without having a home button.

The biggest loss is the widgets. I can no longer give the weather a cursary glance, or check my calendar without opening it. Also does this tombstone applications? How does one close an app? Seems like the 1GB ram was because this phone makes you have a lot of running apps in the background. I'm not to sure about the 'events' view, I would rather have it as a 'widgets' view.

Battery life seems decent, I love the NFC capabilities, the swipe theme is clever, and every time Marko speaks he evangelizes the product something I think this release has done so well so far. Also having Maemo's legendary communications layer is awesome as well. I wonder if we can throw an official release of MeeGo without voiding the warranty. Also to what extend does the community get access to the drivers for the hardware components to aid in replacing the more constrained UI?

Overall the launch effort by Nokia is great, how well they can sell a phone with some highlights and some detraction remains to be seen.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MoJo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by superhero View Post
While on topic... any place to follow the event Tomorrow(June 21st for me) Live video or something?
What part of the event? Keynotes are over...

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
can someone convince me why anyone would buy an N9 over a GalaxyS2? lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excelar8 For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland