Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
IF you have used swype on N9 or androd keyboard you might have seen that the devices sugests words on a small ticker above the keyboard, you can tap on the word and scroll the ticker for other words.

Actually the N9 dictionay is pure garbage and it suggests me very uncommon words or nothing at all. It also forgets my new words after a few time.

Is it possible to change the way the N9 suggests words (not with the letter above the mistaken word) like android or swype keyboard does? thanks

Swift Key 3 for Meego would be good, but i couldnt contact the developer.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Swype is purely closed source on N9, so no.. What you have is what you get.

It's surprising you say this because swype works fine for me.. It's mostly accurate. I think the errors are due to the keyboard being smaller than a common Android device today.. So it is easier to type on them than on N9 Swype.

however, you create your own keyboard by using a custom maliit plugin and maybe program it to handle corrections and suggestions better, but not on Swype.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Last edited by flopjoke; 2012-11-11 at 21:24.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Swype is purely closed source on N9, so no.. What you have is what you get.

It's surprising you say this because swype works fine for me.. It's mostly accurate. I think the errors are due to the keyboard being smaller than a common Android device today.. So it is easier to type on them than on N9 Swype.

however, you create your own keyboard by using a custom maliit plugin and maybe program it to handle corrections and suggestions better, but not on Swype.
swype is awesome, but Im talking about the default keyboard

One search, this topic has come and died several times.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84416

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
^ Yup, exactly. You can create many new keyboards, but as long as they're using the same weird dictionary, nothing's gonna change.

I was actually looking at this while trying to create an alphanumeric keyboard with T9.. turns out you can implement it with your own custom dictionary, but you'll need a Qt environment to read and parse the dict. in real time (for providing suggestions), so it's not "easy" or "appealing" enough for devs to get this done.

Still not giving up on trying to achieve this though.. I'm a fan of T9.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke