Notices

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
I added translation files from the version berfore 1.2 but the language dont change :S

EDIT!
Cutetube-qml crash when I resume a download

Last edited by robin92; 2012-01-07 at 10:16.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
I added translation files from the version berfore 1.2 but the language dont change :S
Any old translations won't work because the filenames have changed.

Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
EDIT!
Cutetube-qml crash when I resume a download
I can reproduce this if the download is resumed after restarting cuteTube. I'll add it to the TODO list for the next update.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Same here. I am not using CSSU and I get black screen when I try to start the program normally and a white screen when I try to start through xterminal. How can I roll back to the previous version?? Thanks!

Last edited by Lion75; 2012-01-07 at 10:51.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Lion75 View Post
How can I roll back to the previous version?? Thanks!
1. Uninstall.
2. Disable extras-devel repository.
3. Reinstall.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post

I can reproduce this if the download is resumed after restarting cuteTube. I'll add it to the TODO list for the next update.
Can you make so you can choose i settings that downloading continues in background after you have closed cutetube?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
OK, I'll remove the battery indicator for the next update and probably flash my device back to stock Maemo5 to avoid similar problems in future.
Well, CSSU stable is really rock stable and is very easy to be installed. We(developers) just cannot keep all the Qt software backward compatible with Qt 4.7.0 in PR 1.3 (and its bugs) forever for the sake of nothing. Instead of keeping qmltube compatible with unmaintained and buggy Qt version, isn't it better to just warn your users that they should install CSSU? Or do a runtime check for QT version and disable unsupported functionality?

Only a proposal, of course.

BTW great work man, qmltube is the software I admire most of all the things in repos (even if I use it rarely)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
cutetube is always on the top three apps for n9, if there is a cutetube theme for n9, it will be greater, i have been using a cutetube theme made by someone on n900, i like it, it is elegant.

hope marxian can make one

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, CSSU stable is really rock stable and is very easy to be installed. We(developers) just cannot keep all the Qt software backward compatible with Qt 4.7.0 in PR 1.3 (and its bugs) forever for the sake of nothing. Instead of keeping qmltube compatible with unmaintained and buggy Qt version, isn't it better to just warn your users that they should install CSSU? Or do a runtime check for QT version and disable unsupported functionality?

Only a proposal, of course.

BTW great work man, qmltube is the software I admire most of all the things in repos (even if I use it rarely)
I think software should always stay compatible with the lowest common denominator. I'm reasonably sure the vast majority of N900 users don't use CSSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
ive lost all my thumbnails from already download videos in the last update is there anyway to get them back ...all i see now is an icon ..new downloads show a thumbnail.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
I think software should always stay compatible with the lowest common denominator. I'm reasonably sure the vast majority of N900 users don't use CSSU.
the most recent poll at least people who voted 78 % use cssu. why shouldnt updates to the program not levrage the newest fixes and updates?

If you dont want to update your phone fine just dont update the program, simple. To expect devs not to use what is available to them because you dont want to update is silly. btw if you havent heard nokia isnt updating the n900 anymore the community is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
And you think a poll on TMO is a true representation of real world usage?

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube