Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
its the same files...

i'm not really sure about the config as i've never used these files and app...sry bout that...

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
My N9 is not detected when I plug it with the USB cable, so no way to use the flasher. The N9 keeps rebooting when I plug it and force it to turn on with a long press on the power button. If I don't do anything, it will just stay off. In both cases, maemoflasher will not find any suitable device to flash. The USB icon only appears for about one second, but no device detected. After a while and several reboot, I get this warning message stating that too many reboots have occurred, and that the phone should be updated with Nokia Software Updater, or sent to the Nokia Care. (Software problem (xsession/mthemedaemon): too many reboots).

I'm starting to worry now. I'll start to freak out in approximately four minutes.

[Edit] Got it working, and solved the reboot loop by restoring the .conf file. Yeepee. Shame on me, I wrote "optiom" and not "option". Many thanks for your help and for showing me this How-to.

However, the procedure here made a "Warranty void" error appear when I boot the phone. First of all, I am really surprised that I "definitely" voided my warranty? I mean, there was not any disclaimer on the howto... I had two years of warranty remaining. :/ Any way to revert things back now that I fixed the .conf file? I'd like to make the warning disappear too.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-06-29 at 01:41.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
you can get rid of warranty void warning screen by doing full reflash of the device.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Apparently Thedead1440 told me that I am in open mode now (I still see some Aegis messages in Terminal mode, but perhaps they are more permissive now; didn't spend time investigating that). So I guess I'll stay in open mode for the moment.

Good to know however that a full reflash to default will make the warning to disappear, thanks.

By the way, I re-edited the /etc/X11.conf.d/nokia.conf to add a "Option XkbLayout fr" line, then used "setxkbmap -layout fr" in terminal, both as user and as root, and my keyboard keeps acting as a QWERTY one, even after reboot. Any idea, do I miss something? :/

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Poland/Polska
i have a bt keyboard. I connect via btinput. I try to write sth for exaply on sms. I tap on bt keyboard but nothing happend. Why?? Help me pls

The Following User Says Thank You to Blimer For This Useful Post: