Poll: What should be fixed first for the Bluetooth Mouse Driver?
Poll Options
What should be fixed first for the Bluetooth Mouse Driver?

Yes, this is what I wanted to check.

Got my mouse up and running by repacing the bt.ko file, works great no delay, the mouse only cost me £12.50. Also got my SU-8W keyboard working at the same time, it's incredible, why nokia didnt sort these things out is beyond me, it has made the N900 twice the machine.
The mouse works perfectly in rdesktop, left click and right click all fine, it makes rdesktop very usable. I will let you know if I find any problems going forward.

The Following User Says Thank You to mac101 For This Useful Post:
i have same problem , my mouse work for a second when i pair it and then stops working , plz explain how can i make it work

Originally Posted by mac101 View Post

Got my mouse up and running by repacing the bt.ko file, works great no delay, the mouse only cost me £12.50. Also got my SU-8W keyboard working at the same time, it's incredible, why nokia didnt sort these things out is beyond me, it has made the N900 twice the machine.
The mouse works perfectly in rdesktop, left click and right click all fine, it makes rdesktop very usable. I will let you know if I find any problems going forward.
hi wht the mouse model u using?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by gleamjewels View Post
i have same problem , my mouse work for a second when i pair it and then stops working , plz explain how can i make it work
Check here

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=24

Extract the correct bluetooth.ko module from zip and copy it (as root) in /lib/modules/current

Last edited by freemangordon; 2010-07-22 at 06:50.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@moderators - think this thread should be merged with qole's one

Originally Posted by liamlain View Post
hi wht the mouse model u using?

Same on as f2thak on page three on this thread, you can get them from lots of places on the net.

Im no expert and I had to learn some basic stuff like deleting and copying files in X term, also unzipping/unpacking on the N900 but it was worth it. Still dont know how to copy to root so haven't got a short cut for the cursor yet.

Replacing the bluetooth.ko with freemangordans version was vital for me and I suspect it will be for many others.

For those like me who are not use to this stuff this is what I did:-

Follow everything on page one of this thread, then

Unzip the file provided earlier in this thread by freemangordon and replace the bluetooth.ko in "/lib/modules/2.6.28-omap1" for the one provided, I shortened the file extension to .ko on the new file.

you have to reboot

Last edited by mac101; 2010-07-22 at 07:33.

My mouse (logitech M215) still doesn't work with N900. I tried all instructions. Is it possible to pair with N900 mouse, which uses usb bt adapter to working with computer? Or it is only possible pairing N900 with mouse which is able to connect to internal bt module on notebook (no usb adapter in package with mouse)?

I' am sorry, maybe it is a silly question..

Mouse cursor trick from the OP works brilliantly with synergy. Using desktop PC, move mouse cursor off the edge of screen on PC, jumps to N900. Love your work azerty1.

@jabawok: can you post a howto? I have Ubuntu on the desk.

Originally Posted by mac101 View Post

Got my mouse up and running by repacing the bt.ko file, works great no delay, the mouse only cost me £12.50.
Could you let us know where you bought this in the UK?

Tags
wikify