Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Flight Mode still gives me the "Cridentials" error message when creating this rule..... All I need is for the Internet to Cut Off completely after 21:00 to 05:00. What do I do....??
Jalyst posted an excellent summary above. In short, your options are to reinstall ProfileMatic when that happens, or try open mode kernel or Inception. Inception is probably the easiest route to try. I haven't yet tried Inception, so I can't help you there, but see the Inception thread for pointers.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi
Now i have another issue, it's not return from power saving mode to the normal.. For now i fixed this by adding power saving OFF to default rule..

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
I'd like PM to active the auto-lock option (so the security code needs to be entered to unlock the phone) in case I am on the move and lose my phone. Any idea on how to accomplish this?

There's an option to run external commands. What would be the proper syntax to initialise auto-lock say after 10 min of inactivity?

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi
Now i have another issue, it's not return from power saving mode to the normal.. For now i fixed this by adding power saving OFF to default rule..
I'm using power saving mode + restore all the time in accordance with idle and have experienced no problems.

What could cause problems with restore is if you have several rules that change power saving mode, and they can get activated at the same time. In such a case the restore will not restore the mode that you thought it would.

Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
I'd like PM to active the auto-lock option (so the security code needs to be entered to unlock the phone) in case I am on the move and lose my phone. Any idea on how to accomplish this?

There's an option to run external commands. What would be the proper syntax to initialise auto-lock say after 10 min of inactivity?
I haven't looked how to change auto-lock, or if it's possible at all.

But here's some general ways that you can try finding out:

- Try monitoring dbus messages when you change auto-lock on/off. If it's a dbus message that changes the mode, you can create a script that sends similar dbus message.
- If that doesn't help, check the gconf values if there is configuration entry for auto-lock. Diffing between exported gconf values with auto-lock on and separately when it's off can help location the entry.

I also use only one rule with power saving on.. Don't understand why it's not work now, it's worked before..
I will try to delete ail my rules and reapply them again..

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I also use only one rule with power saving on.. Don't understand why it's not work now, it's worked before..
I will try to delete ail my rules and reapply them again..
I don't think that's necessary.

You could run profilematic's daemon from terminal and send me the output when it should have restored from power saving mode? Or maybe you can make some sense from the output yourself to notice what might be wrong.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I don't think that's necessary.

You could run profilematic's daemon from terminal and send me the output when it should have restored from power saving mode? Or maybe you can make some sense from the output yourself to notice what might be wrong.
This my output:
Code:
/opt/profilematic/bin/profilematic
ProfileMaticClient: rule id '{705b2102-9a15-4376-9992-6a2b585b393a}', rule name Tomy sleeping
ProfileMaticClient: rule id '{7c09fdf4-c238-42f6-8efb-6b2532132c34}', rule name Power saving
ProfileMaticClient: rule id '{2b5d64c4-0f19-46ad-87d7-8520729f0533}', rule name BT on
ProfileMaticClient: rule id '{7ea70379-39d7-4a66-8ff5-1c1880ac2f0b}', rule name BT off
ProfileMaticClient: rule id 'defaultRule', rule name Default rule
Successfully resolved MeeGo graphics system: /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/graphicssystems/libqmeegographicssystem.so

Found SGX/MBX driver, enabling FullClearOnEveryFrame
Found v1.4 driver, enabling brokenTexSubImage
MeegoGraphics: found EGL_NOK_image_shared
MeegoGraphics: found EGL_KHR_lock_surface2
MeegoGraphics: found EGL_KHR_fence_sync
QmlRulesModel::getRuleSummaryText not in cachefor Tomy sleeping
QmlRulesModel::createRuleSummaryText called for Tomy sleeping
QmlRulesModel::getRuleSummaryText not in cachefor Power saving
QmlRulesModel::createRuleSummaryText called for Power saving
QmlRulesModel::getRuleSummaryText not in cachefor BT on
QmlRulesModel::createRuleSummaryText called for BT on
QmlRulesModel::getRuleSummaryText not in cachefor BT off
QmlRulesModel::createRuleSummaryText called for BT off
QmlRulesModel::getRuleSummaryText not in cachefor Default rule
QmlRulesModel::createRuleSummaryText called for Default rule
hijackWindow() context created for QmlApplicationViewer(0x1f5f6478) 1
Found SGX/MBX driver, enabling FullClearOnEveryFrame
Found v1.4 driver, enabling brokenTexSubImage
QGLWindowSurface: Using plain widget as windowsurface QGLWindowSurface(0x1fb4ab80)
X Error: BadDamage (invalid Damage parameter) 153
  Extension:    146 (Uknown extension)
  Minor opcode: 2 (Unknown request)
  Resource id:  0x29
Found EGL_KHR_image_pixmap & GL_OES_EGL_image extensions (preferred method)!
Found texture_from_pixmap EGL extension!
Meego graphics system d

To collect debug information from ProfileMatic daemon, the daemon must be run from Terminal manually.

First stop the daemon, then start it from terminal:

Code:
~ $ devel-su
~ # /sbin/initctl stop apps/profilematicd
~ # exit
~ $ /opt/profilematic/bin/profilematicd
If you want to collect the output also to file, you can replace the last line with:

Code:
~ $ /opt/profilematic/bin/profilematicd 2>&1 | tee profilematic.log
This will show the output on terminal and also write it to file profilematic.log.

To stop collecting logs and start ProfileMatic again in normal mode, use Control+C and then start the daemon with:

Code:
~ $ devel-su
~ # /sbin/initctl start apps/profilematicd

Last edited by ajalkane; 2013-01-09 at 15:37. Reason: Better instructions

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
ok, this one:
Code:
 initctl stop apps/profilematicd
sh: initctl: not found
~ # initctl stop apps/profilematicd
sh: initctl: not found
~ # exit
~ $ /opt/profilematic/bin/profilematicd
Configuration: index 0, ruleId: {705b2102-9a15-4376-9992-6a2b585b393a}, ruleName: Tomy sleeping
Configuration: index 1, ruleId: {7c09fdf4-c238-42f6-8efb-6b2532132c34}, ruleName: Power saving
Configuration: index 2, ruleId: {2b5d64c4-0f19-46ad-87d7-8520729f0533}, ruleName: BT on
Configuration: index 3, ruleId: {7ea70379-39d7-4a66-8ff5-1c1880ac2f0b}, ruleName: BT off
Configuration: index 4, ruleId: defaultRule, ruleName: Default rule
Could not register D-Bus service at org.ajalkane.profilematic. Daemon already running?
Exiting
ConditionManagerLocationCell::monitorCellId(0)
~ $