Active Topics

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Thanks for your wonderful application.

There's an information I can't manage to find / search in this thread :

Do Wifi conditions work based on which Wifi network is *currently connected to* ? Or do they work based on which Wifi networks *happen to be visible around* ?

I want to have a custom rule to force my University's VPN to start when ever I connect to a few select captive portal Wifi.

Some commercial wifi networks here around (e.g.: nationnal telco's network of wifi access) have captive portals to have paying users log-in or new users pay for a data plan *BUT* have an agreement with universities to let their users through (if you activate your VPN while on these partner's wifi, you basically get eduroam-like access outside the UNI in nearly everywhere that Telco has Wifi coverage).

Obviously, for that rule to get trigered, I need to be already connect at that moment.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Do Wifi conditions work based on which Wifi network is *currently connected to* ? Or do they work based on which Wifi networks *happen to be visible around* ?
The default Wifi condition works by scanning any available networks around. No need to be connected.

If you install the "pro" version from Features page, it lets you also choose a scanning interval. And if you choose "No scanning" from there, then only a connected WiFi triggers the condition.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Thank you very much for your help

Hep,

There's a new beta (3.1.160) available at https://github.com/pastillilabs/packages/releases/

Changes:
- Added dual sim support to Network Cell condition
- Fixed a bug in app logic when switching between enabled & disabled state

I'm unable to test the dual sim support, so any reports of it working or not are welcome.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
... released now in Jolla Store as well (as version 3.1.166)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Hello @hhaveri
Fyi I have one non-working 'situation'. It is not super urgent though

Context:
I have a pebble watch that I put sometimes in flight mode, and so disconnected to the phone
I have several situations related to the watch, and for instance a series of watchface that I use depending on certain 'situations'. And that works flawlessly.

Situation:
I have created a 'situation' which is the connection between the phone and the watch (after a flight mode of the watch). I use the 'bluetooth devices' list and select the watch. And the action is a change in the watchface.

Outcome:
nothing happens when the watch is detected by the phone except that the application visually reports that the situation becomes active. But the watchface is not changed.

A very much guess: that could be because the request to change the watchface is sent too early to the watch (before the proper connection is in place)?

The Following User Says Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Hello @hhaveri
Fyi I have one non-working 'situation'. It is not super urgent though

A very much guess: that could be because the request to change the watchface is sent too early to the watch (before the proper connection is in place)?
Your guess is as good as mine

I have no means to test the plugin at all, so it is going to be a blind attempt, but I'll try adding some delay to the action. That is, as soon as I have a chance to do it. I wonder if 1 second delay would be somewhat ok(?).

Br,
Heikki

The Following User Says Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
There's now an update for the Watchface plugin adding 1 second delay to the action. Go to Features page to update the plugin. Might require restarting the whole app after the update.

Might fix the issue or might not...

Br,
Heikki

The Following User Says Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
There's now an update for the Watchface plugin adding 1 second delay to the action. Go to Features page to update the plugin. Might require restarting the whole app after the update.

Might fix the issue or might not...

Br,
Heikki
Hi Heikki
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply and proposed fix.
And guess what, it works ! I only did a quick test but seems to perfectly fix the issue
Best

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Is there a possibility to start Situations on boot? I recently noticed that this is not the case by default (as far as I know, this is because Apps with auto-start are not allowed into the Jolla Store, right?). Nevertheless, it would be great to have this option in some way (maybe an autostart script for the user? systemd service? something different?).

Tags
sailfish os, situations