Active Topics

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Amazing!
A 10y old device wth a camera module even older (wasn't it the same as N97mini?) makes better pics than an up-to-date HW with a sailing OS on it!
Yeah... My every day used Samsung device is 5 years old now and despite all the hacking I made on it (not me personally but trying to improve capabilities others made possible) still not capable of shooting such nice pictures (12,8 MP vs 5 MP on n900...). If only n900 was up to date...

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
But most irritating/wondering about: how did hou arrange the pics so nicely within a post on TMO???
Not a big deal... You paste the link of the image ("Insert link") then click on "Insert image" and paste the link of the miniature of the image then you only have to use "Enter" and "Spacebar" buttons to arrange the images... I pasted 3 images in a row only a spacebar between them and then "Enter" and pasted the other 3 images as I wrote above. That's it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
The only thing i kinda disagree is posting photos here taken with N900 and edited by any kind of program. It does not feel a pure N900 picture.

PS: it is just my opinion

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
The only thing i kinda disagree is posting photos here taken with N900 and edited by any kind of program. It does not feel a pure N900 picture.

PS: it is just my opinion
I understand and accept your point. But how about raw...? That is pure n900; the true capability of the sensor. And that must be edited...

Last edited by justmemory; 2020-07-31 at 04:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
I understand and accept your point. But how about raw...? That is pure n900; the true capability of the sensor. And that must be edited...
N900 has a good sensor and takes amazing pictures even nowadays. I could take a "bad" picture and edit it with lightroom to make it look nice and post it here. It might win the "picture of the month" prize

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
N900 has a good sensor and takes amazing pictures even nowadays. I could take a "bad" picture and edit it with lightroom to make it look nice and post it here. It might win the "picture of the month" prize
It's up to you what you share For me this is all about using my beloved device and control every little detail of even the pictures that the algorithm would do other way (as we modify everything else on this device ). I take pictures for myself and not to win anything. And I always amazed what others might shoot and how others see the world

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Amazing pictures! And I don't really understand the talk about editing pictures, because digital images are always edited. You can either let the device do the editing or shoot raw images and do it by yourself. So the editing is always there, regardless of the camera used to the shooting part. You can buy a 2k€ DSL frame with a great lense, and use cameras 'auto' setting and have pretty good pictures. Or, you can unlock the full potential of the device to shoot raw, and do the editing by yourself. The same is with n900; it has a great camera, but it's automatic post processing doesn't always know what kind of image you wanted to take. Doing the post processing manually is not cheating, but rather part of the photographing process.

Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Amazing pictures! And I don't really understand the talk about editing pictures, because digital images are always edited. You can either let the device do the editing or shoot raw images and do it by yourself. So the editing is always there, regardless of the camera used to the shooting part. You can buy a 2k€ DSL frame with a great lense, and use cameras 'auto' setting and have pretty good pictures. Or, you can unlock the full potential of the device to shoot raw, and do the editing by yourself. The same is with n900; it has a great camera, but it's automatic post processing doesn't always know what kind of image you wanted to take. Doing the post processing manually is not cheating, but rather part of the photographing process.
Certainly even on N900 it is possible to edit a photo. The example i gave was to take a picture with the phone, edit it on "Photoshop" or other program and then post it here. Lightroom does miracles on a bad picture

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Certainly even on N900 it is possible to edit a photo. The example i gave was to take a picture with the phone, edit it on "Photoshop" or other program and then post it here. Lightroom does miracles on a bad picture
Yes and no. If the photo really sucks technically, then even a Lightroom wizard can't make it a masterpiece. And another point: I would consider as a DSLR in this matter; a device to shoot pictures with. You woudn't use your Canon/Nikon/Pentax/whatever DSLR frame to edit your pictures, but import the pics to Lightroom instead. So why should you use your n900-branded DSLR for the editing? But anyway, I get your point too

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, fremantle, gallery, image, maemo, maemo 5, n900, photo, photograph, photography, picture, show and tell