Active Topics

Closed Thread
An Email Integration Test forum has been created to test posting threads and replies to Talk via email.

Note that this is a beta feature and might still not work perfectly. As with any other betas, usage of the beta feature is at your own risk.

How to use Email Integration
  • To help test the feature, you first need to join the Talk Beta Tester group. Joining this group will let you see the 'Beta Integration Test' forum from the main page. This step was also created to somewhat prevent spammers seeing and posting to the beta forum.
  • To start receiving posts, replying, as well as starting new threads via email, you have to go to your control panel and click on the new 'Edit Forum Subscriptions' option:
  • Look for 'Email Integration Test' and change your subscription to 'Instant notification by email'.
  • To start creating new threads, send an email to: emailintegrationtest (at) talk.maemo.org. It is required that you send the email using the email address you have specified on your member account here at Talk.
  • To reply to a thread, make sure you post your reply on the space provided on the email message:
    Code:
    (Please type your reply below this line!!)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (Please type your reply above this line!!)
  • Provide feedback on this thread.

A known limitation of this feature is that it might take up to 10 minutes for you to get notified of new posts/replies via email.

Also, since this is still on beta, you will not see new threads / replies under Active Topics.

Thanks!

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
This is awesome, I am setting it up right now. What format is the thread email?

subject = title
body = post

More feed back to follow
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
What format is the thread email?

subject = title
body = post
Yup. BBCodes are automatically converted. I think you can attach fiels (e.g. images) too, but I haven't tested that yet.

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Yup. BBCode are automatically converted. I think you can attach fiels (e.g. images) too, but I haven't tested that yet.
I joined group, set for instant message but its not working. I JUST changed my email in control panel, could this be affecting me?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Maybe. Whenever you change your email in the control panel, vbulletin sends you a confirmation email on the new email address. Check if you got it.

Maybe. Whenever you change your email in the control panel, vbulletin sends you a confirmation email on the new email address. Check if you got it.
I got this

Hello,

We're sorry, but we could not process your emailed reply / new thread.

We do not show an account with the email address of: penguinbait@penguinbait.com

Please review your account at:
http://talk.maemo.org/usercp.php

And verify that the email address matches. The email address on your account must match the email address the reply or new thread is sent from in order for the system to verify your identity.

Thank you,
maemo.org - Talk

-----------------------------------

I changed it to penguinbait@penguinbait.com

no confirmation was sent to that address.

I went back to check my email address, it was the old address. when I change it and save, it does not save, when I go back?

I manually changed your email address. Try it now.

I manually changed your email address. Try it now.
Doh, I just moved it all around

OK, just leave it, I will go change my end all around again.

Thanks!

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
OK, I'm dim, but why would someone want to post threads and replies by email instead via the Talk interface?

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
OK, I'm dim, but why would someone want to post threads and replies by email instead via the Talk interface?
I believe this is an effort to merge Talk and the maemo-* mailing lists into one (with each still using their preferred communication median).

Personally, I think it's a great idea.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread